What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Low pressure in the Fuel rail

cliveo

Reaction score
First time I have asked anything just joined forum had car THP 200 2011 plate 2 + years faults numerous shame lovely car
now constant fault (low pressure in Fuel rail) Peugeot garage unsure if its the tank fuel pump or not ?
Expensive non information !
Had water leak from pipe at back of engine took months to find / cure but that done has never had
a good time of going as it should.
Any thoughts on the (Fuel rail faults) if tank pump how do you get the rear seat pad up ? which
we presume is the access point.
would the generic pump from 207 cc fit as suggested ?
Would love to get the car going as it should, it will be a shame to sell it.

Thanks Clive

Pedro

Reaction score
Low Fuel rail pressure ?
(1) The Tank pump is the Low pressure one basically its a strainer filter system which is sucking the fuel from the Tank providing its not full of dirt?
(2) You have a fuel pressure sensor which monitors the fuel delivery pressure to the HPFP
(3) The fuel rail pressure is delivered from the HPFP if this is failing you will have a continuous "Fault Light" on the dash & the car will run like crap with a lumpy acceleration etc you can monitor the pump pressure from the scanner freeze frame data with the car being driven under load which can give a indication the pump is Knackered
The Peugeot Garage which you went to can measure the fuel pressure & this will tell them at which end of the fuel system the fault lies if the pressure is low at the fuel sensor end then the tank is the problem if the sensor is showing full pressure then it probably is the HPFP fuel rail Pump I think there is a post somewhere of how you get at the pump in the Tank if I'm not mistaken