What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Lost Pic

A

Anonymous

Wheres my pic gone :evil:
I didnt delete it, but it's gone. :evil: :evil:

And it's gone from my control panel, so I cannot add it back :evil: :evil: :evil:

A

Anonymous

Which pic Jactac?! Your avatar is still appearing when I view on Tapatalk.

A

Anonymous

I thought avatars were hosted on the site?

I can't see it on Chrome, Jactac.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Where do you host your photos then?

I just uploaded a pic that was saved on my computer in my "user control panel" on here.

I wouldnt even know how to use photobucket, and cannot understand how this pic was removed :eusa-think:
All I can see is a message saying "Sorry this person removed or delted their image, Photobucket ". Is this what everyone else can see :?:

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
if you found the pic online then you must have linked to it in your control panel settings. Whoever owns the pic has removed it from their Photobucket account (where it was hosted) so the link no longer works.

To upload an avatar pic to the side you need to upload it from your PC rather than link to it.

A

Anonymous

Evil Derboy said:
if you found the pic online then you must have linked to it in your control panel settings. Whoever owns the pic has removed it from their Photobucket account (where it was hosted) so the link no longer works.

jactac said:
RCZ1 said:
Where do you host your photos then?
I just uploaded a pic that was saved on my computer in my "user control panel" on here.

A

Anonymous

As Max points out.
The pic was taken by me, then saved in documents on my computer, then simply uploaded from documents via user control panel on here.

I've never used photo bucket, at least I dont think so :eusa-think:
I'm not into all this photo sharing hosting thing, so I dont bother with sites like photobucket.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Could someone have deleted the photo on your computer?

No.
And even if they did delete it from where it was saved (Documents) it wouldnt delete it from this site.
I cant work out why photobucket are involved in a pic that I took and saved on my computer.

I'll ask my son later on as I'm sure he uses photobucket, but on his Mac.
I can also vagualy remember some of us on here having probs with our avatars many many months ago, they couldnt be seen or something ?
I think I may of got my son to have a look at the time, and perhaps he did something with photobucket :roll:

RCZ1

Reaction score
If it was deleted from your computer then it wouldn't show on the forum. Link would be lost - or am I missing something?

A

Anonymous

If you have a picture saved in documents or pictures folders on your computer and you want to use that picture as an avatar you just upload or copy an image of it to your user control panel.

You can delete the photo if you wanted from your computers folders but it wont delete from say this site.
Theres no link, its just a copy of a photo.

For instance, this little fella was saved in pictures on my computer.

A

Anonymous

Culprit found :cool:
Apparantly my son downloaded the original pic via photobucket, which now that he runs it by me does ring a bell :oops:

He has however just cleaned out his photobucket account, so therfore it has deleted my pic on here :evil:

So for the moment its this jolly Koala Bear, it was either that or a pic of some dodgy looking taff on his second date with a sheep :p

The moral of this little episode is,
Dont let your kids near your computer, prized pics or the RCZ............ :eusa-whistle: