What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Looks like I've joined the faulty temp sensor club

A

Anonymous

Stop engine/ fans blasting/ blah blah blah we've heard it before . But I thought I'd post as I've some info I've not seen on here before regarding this problem (I think) :eusa-think:
Well I've phoned all my local dealers to check they can do the mod needed and indeed make sure the're even aware of it :!:
And lucky I did , none of the 3 I phoned had ever heard of a temp fault on the rcz and wanted to do a diagnostic first (fair enough) but I wasn't happy that none of them knew of this common fault even after checking there technical updates and saying nothing has been advised by Peugeot !!
So I phoned Taylor's Peugeot Boston where the car was purchased originally and has always been serviced. Straight away they knew of the problem and gave me a proposed fix and price . Luckily I have a diagnostics man that read the obc so I could give the technician the code. He confirmed its the sensor ..... And here's the bit of info I haven't seen on here , he said Theres 2 possible types of sensor i could have , if i have a removable sensor they would simply replace that but if I had a built in sensor then they would remove the bleed screw and in its place put a new modified sensor , then swap the wiring from the faulty one across to it :clap:
Not heard of this before but it sounds logical and clever , so the old sensor just stays in situ. I know there's a mod with the housing/sensor/loom replace but he said this is the latest fix. I'm going next thurs, booked in for 10am . They need the car to cool for an hour then an hours labour , cost is around..... He said no more than £150. I'll let you all know the results when I've had it done next week . Hope this was helpfully to some of you , cheers lainey :D
Ps its 90 miles from me but I don't mind if it's this kind of service I'm getting , if anyone fancies a coffee and a laugh I'll be there for around three hours :beer:

A

Anonymous

ME Too! Mine started doing it last week.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

cjsmith7 said:
ME Too! Mine started doing it last week.

Wonder if they'll put the new sensor in yours too CJ ? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Well it's still under warranty, so hopefully they will. :?

A

Anonymous

cjsmith7 said:

Yeah then you are fine. Sorry to hear about the issues.

A

Anonymous

Hope you get it sorted. Had this problem myself and to get it fixed its had a new coolant housing, a new water pump and about 3 sensors but since the last visit last year all has been well.........touch wood. Keep enjoying the smiles and miles though :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
cjsmith7 said:

Yeah then you are fine. Sorry to hear about the issues.

Thanks for the kind words Max. Yes luckily its a common problem among a number of members on the forum and not something too serious.

A

Anonymous

Well guys and gals , we took the car to Taylor's Peugeot at Boston and they were top notch, I must say Paul and Jason on the service desk were not only very very professional and courteous with me but also with everyone else I observed them with. They organised a driver to take Jo and myself into Boston town centre when I mentioned we were getting a taxi :D . Very nice chaps indeed. When we picked the car up a few hours later after our shopping and sightseeing excursion it was coffee and an explanation of the work that was carried out. Basically I had the internal temp sensor which involved taking the housing off to replace it , so they took the drain plug out and in went a new sensor there instead,and the wiring moved across to that. Another eml was logged during the temp fault period that was to do with the oil pressure , they checked that too and reported no fault. Apparently when the faulty temp trips the "warning stop vehicle" light ,other systems for the engine Will adjust to compensate for the excessive temperature , but because there is none in reality things are thrown out of sync as it tries to protect itself by juggling all the parameters to keep things safe. I must say the car was a little lumpy for the first few seconds after starting 3 days prior to getting it mended . But now it's absolutely perfect , we had a smooth 90 mile return trip and the temp gauge sits beautifully in the middle again . Done over 300 miles since thurs and I feel confident in the light not flashing up again now. They said the car is all A ok and look forward to seeing me in August for my 3rd service . Got a very nice folder for the invoice with an RCZ theme on it , total bill was £141inc . Happy days again :beer:
Cheers every1

A

Anonymous

Great news and great to hear of another decent dealership other than my own and RCZ1's

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Great news and great to hear of another decent dealership other than my own and RCZ1's
Thanks ron , These service guys knew there stuff and made all the right noises when I rang them , they also appreciated my knowledge of the alleged fault thanks to this forums advice/guidance on it. Not treating me like someone who had just looked online for 10 mins and tried to tell them their job. This is why I was prepared to travel 90 miles and it paid dividends, it's a shame all the dealers around me don't have service guys like them. Glad u have a decent dealer too, the whole episode was stress free , I will use them always , plus they supplied the car originally too and it's always been serviced there so my history will be impeccable :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I assume then if you are travelling 90 miles that we are talking Boston Lincolnshire?

A

Anonymous

The very one , quite a nice drive there though , twisty and scenic so I don't mind :0)

A

Anonymous

Lainey said:
The very one , quite a nice drive there though , twisty and scenic so I don't mind :0)

I love those roads, especially Bourne through to the A1, not that you'd be on that particular stretch.

A

Anonymous

Well now you've said I'll certainly be going for a drive on that road now too , take the wife to Bourne for a sightsee , never been there ;0) cheers

DRTDVL

Reaction score
We had this happen on the test drive of a brand new Citroen DS4 earlier this year...

A

Anonymous

My faulty temp sensor was replaced in a matter of hours under warranty. Great service from Peugeot. :)