What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Look Mum, no hands!

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Well the hands were actually there, but nigh invisible. :roll:
Early start today and out before sun-up.
So lights auto on; sat nav closed as not needed.
What's the time?
No idea! :thumbdown:
Clock in middle showing crisp white illuminated numbers, but where are the hands. :eek:
Grey hands on a grey background, were invisible.
Is everybody's like that or have I got a faulty illumination component? :?:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well Frankenstein !! ( self made man )

I don't have any problems with my clock. I can see it when I want to and have no problems finding it , even in the dark. :thumbup:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Well Frankenstein !! ( self made man )

I don't have any problems with my clock. I can see it when I want to and have no problems finding it , even in the dark. :thumbup:
I wind up our local pharmacist and assistants, asking if they have, out the back, a lung or two or a liver, instead of loads of pills with side effects.
Anyway, finding the clock, at any time (pun!), no probs, but seeing the hands to determine the time, when dark, ain't easy, 'cos the hands are not illumnated.
So, are yours?

frankvdb

Reaction score
It depends on how much ambient light you set with one of the two buttons that are with the clocks (with one of these you reset your trip counter).
If like me you have a low back light setting to not impede night time vision, the hands are hardly visible.
This topic has been discussed several times before on here, e.g. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4787

Plecodoras

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
It depends on how much ambient light you set with one of the two buttons that are with the clocks (with one of these you reset your trip counter).
If like me you have a low back light setting to not impede night time vision, the hands are hardly visible.
This topic has been discussed several times before on here, e.g. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4787

Well there you go Stewie, it's good we have friends over the water on here, ( over the plains for you ! ).

And remember the saying " if anyone can - Frank can " !!

Yes the button to the left in between the rev counter and speedometer, is the brightness control, probably some digital version of a potentiometer. Adjust this like Frank says and all will become clear..... Ha ha.

Thumbs up Frank, :thumbup:

no change for the Zeeland meet - still not going ?

Cheers M... :beer:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Thanks for the pat on the head and "this is how you suck eggs, granny!" to those who bothered to get involved.

Let's try again, eh, or perhaps forget it!

I have taken a deep breath, fannied about in the car, and even taken some photo's.

Grey hands on a grey background, are, under "night time" conditions, near as damn it, invisible.

I ask again -
Is everybody's like that or have I got a faulty illumination component? :?:

Thanks for your tolerance; and await less condescending advice and observations.

Attachments

• off.jpg
    off.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 940
  • min.jpg
    min.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 940
  • maxadj.jpg
    maxadj.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 940
  • max.jpg
    max.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 940

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I don't think anyone was trying to be condescending Stewie, it is difficult to judge everyone's observance over the forum. A simple thing like the display adjuster could quite easily be missed, Frank as I was only trying to help, if your clock arms are not visible, it is very possible that you have a led out. I am sure that mine are indeed illuminated as I have never seen them as dark as yours are.
Cheers M....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Here my clock at night

Attachments

• RCZ_clock.jpg
    RCZ_clock.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 928

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well if its a new clock your after you can get a good second hand one of Zbay.... £50 and have seen many in the cars at the scrap yards over here... Worth a look :dance:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
Thanks RCZ-R for the photo.
Definitely brighter than mine.
At least I now know it ain't right, and can decide whether it pains me enough to fix or get fixed.

You're welcome! Glad to be of any help here. Good luck with the "bugfix" :greetings-wavingblue:

Keep in mind, the clock on the R models shines brighter because of more pauuuaaaa :D :lol: