What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

locking wheel nut key

A

Anonymous

Hi all, just wondered if anyone else has encounterd this problem, picked up a puncture on n/s/f tyre yesterday, whilst removing wheel the locking wheel nut key broke :thumbdown: the little round pegs inside just snapped off :wtf: got the puncture repaired at ats and then took a trip to dealers for replacement key.The parts guy told me they are £60 to replace and 10-15 days delivery :wtf: so i asked the service guy if they were covered by warrenty, so he asked their warrenty guy and he said they will replace it for me :thumbup: for Robins and Day coventry, so all please beware these locking keys are poor design and this is not the first they have come across the service guy informed me.

A

Anonymous

The locking nut shouldn't be tightened as much as the other 4 as the wee pegs are delicate. They should just be tightened by hand, never the airgun. I splayed my pegs when I had a 207, I had to get the other locking nuts drilled out. But as far as I can remember I was only about £30 for a new set......

I wouldn't have had the brass neck to ask if they were covered under warrant. I reckon if I broke it then tough luck.....

A

Anonymous

To be honest thats what i could not understand the locking wheel bolt was not as tight as the other four bolts in fact it loosened very easily, but when i went to dealers they cracked the other 3 locking bolts and tightened them back up to correct torque so hopefully it wont happen again

A

Anonymous

Also must say i did have this issue with my previous car also (BMW) the locking bolt was tightened to the extent that the actual bolt snapped in the hub itself and they wanted to charge me an hours labour to remove it! needless to say drove car home and removed it myself in 5 mins. (note to self do not buy cars with locking wheel bolts)