What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Limp mode

Billy Bob

Reaction score
After leaving the drive at home I put my foot down, the car juddering and went into limp mode with the engine light on. I returned home and turned off the engine. The engine fan continued to run. I disconnected the battery for 10secs. Reconnected the battery and all was back to normal. Ran it for 2 days and the fault returned, battery disconnected and reconnected.
I connected my code reader and it came up with code f40a, oil level is ok, I have done an oil change so I will see what happens. Any ideas? I have ordered an oil pressure switch and level indicator.

Billy Bob

Reaction score
Thank you for your response I do hope that both sensors solve it. We shall find out when I get them done. Is the oil pump easily accessible?

Billy Bob

Reaction score
Well after the oil change, so far so good no fault or limp mode. Sensors haven't arrived yet but will be fitted when they do if the fault raises its ugly head.
I shall update as and when.