What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Led lighting all around?

A

Anonymous

Hi fellas,

I'm planning to put some leds all around the car (outside & inside).
Is there someone that can advice me where to look on ebay, or recommend a supplier/store?

I want to avoid lightning errors so looking for error-free leds (think that all leds in RCZ need to be can-bus, even the ones for the cockpit, correct me if I'm wrong?).

So, is there any ebay store that you could recommend me? The best would be to buy every single led on the same place, would save some time and problably money and be quicker on delivery :)

Also, can you point me which ones (bulb type) do I need? For example in number plate lights & in the main cockpit light, want to have some decent light, not just a white/blue one... So how many leds to I need to look for per light?

Any info & help is welcome.
Regards

A

Anonymous

morning .
Best place to source all your lighting is Steve at Rcz Performance. he will let you know what you need and if its available, not the cheapest as on ebay, but the best for your car, he may well be able to source your washer covers too.

http://www.rczperformance.com/Lighting.html

Good luck

Regards

Diggerd

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip, I've messaged him on facebook, waiting for an answer right now :)

Another doubt I have is, what is this supposed to be? (marked with the arrow & red circle)

Searched on owner's manual and it was supposed to be daytime running light, but I think my car doesn't have them... ??

Also, where do you guys access the personal config menu? I can't find anything regarding that....

A

Anonymous

YOU'LL have the refreshed faced RCZ then.My advice to you is..if you buy cheap you'll pay twice... The Led external bulbs you will want to change are the Stop/Tail Bulbs,Registration Bulbs,Door Mirror indicator bulbs,if you have a Non Vision Pack RCZ you can upgrade the these as well but not with LED bulbs,and if you have Vision Pack the D1S bulbs can be upgraded to either a 5000k colour or the bluey white 6000K colour...but they are rather expensive....but all are available fro Too Fast Too Furious Steve :lol: :thumbup: A.K.A...RCZ Performance :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

No no, I have the first one, released on 2010. Non-vision version.
But what is the purpose for that in the headlight, and where is that configurable menu?
Also, is it worth to change stop bulb for led?

A

Anonymous

Gedget said:
No no, I have the first one, released on 2010. Non-vision version.
But what is the purpose for that in the headlight, and where is that configurable menu?
Also, is it worth to change stop bulb for led?

That Area you have highlighted is the front DRL..THIS CAN BE SWITCHED OFF in the cars Menu system,but these look better with the canbus 92smd bulbs

if you have the headlight washer system :eusa-think: then you have the Vision pack/Xenons

A

Anonymous

led stop/tail bulbs are brighter and switch on and off quicker,when the brakes are used and look minted :cool:

A

Anonymous

Ok, turned DRL on in the menu, but the light that is turning on it's the one marked as 'D' in the picture.

So, the part that I've highlighted has no purpose?

I dont have the vision pack; just want the washer covers and then install an HID kit.

About the stop/tail bulbs, I think I'll follow your advice and give LED a go too :)