What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Led bulbs and canbus problem

A

Anonymous

Does Rcz have canbus problem with LED bulbs for plates, parking lights and blinker lights? Also which W5W will filt for plates? 36MM? And which PY21 for parking lights? THanks!

renegade79

Reaction score
fineasz said:
Does Rcz have canbus problem with LED bulbs for plates, parking lights and blinker lights?

not if you use the ones on rcz performance website! all the bulbs for sale have been tested on their very own test car before going on sale. if you by other brands on ebay you don't really know what you're getting.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
not if you use the ones on rcz performance website! all the bulbs for sale have been tested on their very own test car before going on sale. if you by other brands on ebay you don't really know what you're getting.

Not always true. I tried some reversing LEDs from Steven. Although they lit up OK, the car detected there was a fault with them. I suspect this was because they just didn't draw enough current (LEDs - being more efficient than incandescent bulbs - naturally need less current for the same light).

Searching around the net, you can find LED lamps that draw higher current, with photos, but they never seem in stock so I don't know if they really exist. Another issue you can see is that they're sometimes longer than the bulbs they replace, so don't fit in the lamp holder/surround so well.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
As stated we have all of the bulbs needed for your car and do work without any problems. Any detection is due to the RCZ having a very sensitive electrical system when checking LED bulbs due to the current draw, but this is uncommon (only found with a pair of reverse lights which the factory bulbs are not easy to match when it comes to functionality), and does not in any way cause any problems with the operation and function of the lights or the car, it does not cause any EML's etc. either. We have sold hundreds of the bulbs and use them in our car without any issues for years.

If we come across a better bulb we will list it, but the bulbs we have are the ones we have chosen over testing many others especially the ones found on auction sites.

Take a look and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=190

DRTDVL

Reaction score
You can buy canbus safe LEDs. We are running 25w cree red LEDs in the brake lights and 50w cree white LEDs for the front driving lights. Just google canbus safe led.

renegade79

Reaction score
DRTDVL said:
You can buy canbus safe LEDs. We are running 25w cree red LEDs in the brake lights and 50w cree white LEDs for the front driving lights. Just google canbus safe led.

any pics of them? interested to see the results?

DRTDVL

Reaction score
I'll grab some later... The 25w are a smig bright 20w would be better.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Just to confirm. All of our bulbs are Canbus ready unless otherwise indicated, and all have been tested on the RCZ with no issues and great results. 100's sold worldwide.

A

Anonymous

Yes definitely some issues if not using right bulbs. I had some Canbus 501's left from my previous car which were supposed to be Canbus but there were problems. No error messages but bulbs not fully off and emitting a small amount of light.

All sorted with bulbs etc below.

Of course all lights need to be full Canbus, Even those which say they are are not necessarily so they will still emit a low light. (Thinking more internal here) However not all are as described.
I have found this out myself and have also found some really good fully Canbus with a high Lumens output. They work perfectly in my car. I think technology just gets better with each generation.

I purchased off ebay from the link below and they provide very good service.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281561087018? ... EBIDX%3AIT

They have a good light output and no Canbus issues, If you buy 10 I think they are about £1.00 each which in my opinion is good value.

Another very useful addition to my car are some custom made LED boot lights which make a massive difference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-Citro ... 4639762ef7

These have made a huge difference to the light in the boot and are very simple to fit. I just broke off the stalk switches to be fair. Work perfectly. Good value as well and they accepted my best offer.

The majority of internal bulbs are easy to change, although you might want a proper tool removal set for main central internal cluster. to avoid scratches.

Overall massive difference.

Andy.