What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Leather on doors

NF7

Reaction score
So, I left the windows open while at home because it was around 35C outside and I hate the feeling of a sauna when entering the car. Unfortunately, there was some bird or a car that landed on the door on the driver's side because the leather is heavily scratched there. What is the best thing to do? The scratches are not that deep but they are visible.

Do you have any recommendations for the solution to the problem? I know some sandpaper will be required, but other than that, I'm not sure what is the best paint and other chemicals.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it the leather option or the synthetic version, the majority are Synthetic the way to tell is the synthetic has light coloured stitching and the genuine leather has dark stitching. There are colour coded products on the market to refurb scratches on interior but I’ve not heard of anyone using these on the synthetic leather worth a try though.

NF7

Reaction score
Is it the leather option or the synthetic version, the majority are Synthetic the way to tell is the synthetic has light coloured stitching and the genuine leather has dark stitching. There are colour coded products on the market to refurb scratches on interior but I’ve not heard of anyone using these on the synthetic leather worth a try though.
I have black stitching so I believe it's genuine leather. Just looking if anyone here has good info about fixing it - someone maybe did it himself.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick one, if you do have the genuine leather dash? I don’t know if you’ve seen the reports of them bubbling up with heat, it’s usually in warmer climates but worth making sure you treat it regularly to stop it drying out and also use a front screen blind in sunny weather when parked up.👍

MPC

Reaction score
is it really that bad, i have the fake leather i think, and so im glad to hear that it doesnt suffer, but is the real leather that bad of a quality, or bad adhesive?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
is it really that bad, i have the fake leather i think, and so im glad to hear that it doesnt suffer, but is the real leather that bad of a quality, or bad adhesive?
Yeh probably both but poor leather has been made the culprit but thankfully there’s not many about with the genuine leather option, I see regular posts on European groups with the issue one recently with photos of full dash out to replace!!

NF7

Reaction score
Just a quick one, if you do have the genuine leather dash? I don’t know if you’ve seen the reports of them bubbling up with heat, it’s usually in warmer climates but worth making sure you treat it regularly to stop it drying out and also use a front screen blind in sunny weather when parked up.👍
Does anyone know the fix? Mine started bubbling a lot during these severe heat days. Bought a sunshade now, but a lot of bubbles formed. It went from 0 bubbles to 10 bubbles in 4 weeks. They are hard to spot thats why I only noticed them now. Couple of them started on the far edge next to the window, and pulled the leather from under the seal - these will of course be impossible to fix of course without taking the whole dashboard out. But other should be fixable.

I have genuine leather option.

Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
The only fix I’m afraid is the whole dash out 🤦‍♂️

NF7

Reaction score
The only fix I’m afraid is the whole dash out 🤦‍♂️
Yeah, thought so. I fixed it temporarily with some door foam seal so it does not look horrifying. Imho, the current status is not that bad that it would warrant removing the whole dashboard.