What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Leather, is it worth it?

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
I'd like to hear your comments and feedback on one of the things I'm debating with myself.
I'm very close to ordering my RCZ, I want the 200 HP version.
One of the extras I could order is the leather interior. The things is, I don't really need it.
The additional cost here for that is about £2600. Now, I've had cars with leather and semi-leather,
and the cons and pros according to me are:

+Exclusive look
+Easy to clean up if you have kids etc.

-Freezing cold as hell in the winter, burns your butt/legs in the summer.
-Expensive

One of the arguments to get leather anyway is, perhaps, the second-hand value (I know, I know,
I shouldn't think of that already), or to be specific, not the value per se but if an RCZ with only
cloth interior will be much harder to sell that day?

Personally, I'd rather hook up the car with a mean sound system with large base speakers and amps,
a sports exhaust system so it roars even outside the car, and perhaps other exterior modifications.

I'm getting the impression that most of you have RCZ's with leather interior, or am I wrong?
Do you think I would be making a huge mistake if I didn't buy leather interior?

Thanks in advance,
RR

A

Anonymous

go the leather mate, the car is sexy as on the outside , don't let the inside down with cheap cloth. plus there are heaters in the seat....great for winter.You will not regret it.Have the classy car you deserve , go the leather.

A

Anonymous

Totally agree with RCZ007, go down the leather road! Loads of people will come & look at your car coz it's drop-dead-gorgeous, & if they look inside & see cloth..............a bit of a disappointment! Besides, when you open the doors & get that smell of leather...........ummm, sheer class & makes the car look more expensive (which it will be) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ007 said:
go the leather mate, the car is sexy as on the outside , don't let the inside down with cheap cloth. plus there are heaters in the seat....great for winter.You will not regret it.Have the classy car you deserve , go the leather.

Crikey. I thought I was the only one in the country up at 3.30am! :lol:

Have a good day. We're off to Cornwall for 3 days...the first decent run in our baby!!!! :dance: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
RCZ007 said:

Crikey. I thought I was the only one in the country up at 3.30am! :lol:

Have a good day. We're off to Cornwall for 3 days...the first decent run in our baby!!!! :dance: :greetings-wavingblue:

Heading towards the snow then ! :cry: Drive carefully and have a nice break in the peoples republic of Cornshire. :lol:

And I agree about the leather.

A

Anonymous

Ruffryder, if you're meaning the difference between real leather on the dash and immitation don't pay the extra spondulicks because most people can't tell that the immitation is just that. As for the seats the leather comes on all GT models which includes your 200bhp preference, if I've got my facts right, cloth being the choice on sport models only. Hope this helps :thumbup: .

A

Anonymous

Ok Ruffryder, seems to be that you are not from UK (as I) and we don´t have the GT/Sport specs.
My last car (A3) has leather, and I knew your thoughts .....
Leather is very cold in winter, and the seat heater lasts some minutes till its getting warm. On the other side cloth seats are not so cold at the begining of the ride, but without seat heater it lasts much longer to get them warm.
Leather is much easier to clean(chocolate which got liquid eg.)
But cloth seats have more comfort in hot summer. They don´t get so hot, and they are air-permeable. But the car don´t looks so worthy.
For me it was suprising, how cold the demo car(blue one) was inside, after parking long time in direct sun. The car seems to have thermal isulated glas, and the sun doesn´t heat the car/seats as my old one.
So I took leather ;-)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Ruffryder

Its all down to personal choice and what YOU want. A lot of entry level sporty cars have cloth seats as standard - a VW Scirocco to mention but one and there a quite a lot of people on here who have the Sport model with cloth seats but it doesn't make it any less of a car. I took the decision to buy the Sport and to get my cloth seats re-trimmed by an external company. I'd already decided I wasn't going to pay the extra £2300 I think it is, for the GT version just to have leather and the other electric toys, and bigger tyres, that I didn't want/need (no offence intended to GT owners - just my personal preference/requirements :D ). I knew having the seats retrimmed would be much cheaper than the extra cost Peugeot wanted me to pay and that I would have something unique.

I wanted leather because I find it much easier to keep clean than cloth AND you can't beat the smell of leather.

Couldn't you find an external company that re-trims interiors where you are?

A

Anonymous

ruffryder said:
-Freezing cold as hell in the winter, burns AND CHAFES your butt/legs in the summer.

For me that was the only question and one of the big reasons I went for the Sport. And very happy too.

A

Anonymous

yep the all black leather interior is the bees knees bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

I've got a sport and I'm perfectly happy with it - when I ordered my RCZ I did wonder if I should have gone for a GT with leather seats but now I have my RCZ I couldnt be more happy. Either Sport or GT - both are great. And when it comes to leather or cloth both have their pluses and minuses.... :thumbup:

Which ever you go for the RCZ is one very special car.....

A

Anonymous

Thank you friends for your valuable input on this matter.
There seems to be differences in pricing and what is "standard equipment" in the UK and at least my country (Sweden).

But one thing caught my attention:
Are you saying that the cloth seats do NOT have heaters?
This has got to be a mistake... or at least I hope so because it's pretty much a standard thing in such cold countries, even
my 1995 old Mitsu Lancer has seat heaters (cloth) and I've had it on all my older cars, since my 1983 Mazda 626 I believe.

To clarify the options that I have here,
the RCZ 200 hp model (they're not called "Sport" or "GT" which confuses the hell out of me following your other discussions here :) )
comes standard with cloth seats, and it costs an additional £ 2600 to buy the leather interior (that includes electrically adjustable
seats so they'll have a motor I guess with memory function).

I've still not decided but have to soon.
Could you please verify/deny that there's no seat heaters if it's not leather seats?

(I looked at RCZ1's pics of his seats who were cloth that he got retrimmed with leather, and I couldn't find the heater adjuster knob,
so I panicked :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi ruffryder

Here in the UK, we don't have heated seats with the cloth option but that's not to say that you won't have them in Sweden. If its generally a standard option in your country, then it may have them.

By the way, I am all woman :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Hi ruffryder

Here in the UK, we don't have heated seats with the cloth option but that's not to say that you won't have them in Sweden. If its generally a standard option in your country, then it may have them.

By the way, I am all woman :lol:

Thank you madame/miss/mrs RCZ1 :)
I managed to mess up the gender again... sorry.
Couldn't the Forum Admin add the gender-icon please?
Or maybe I should just assume every user is female ;)

You're probably right, I'll check with the dealer. I love your
leather design by the way.
Thanx, RuffRyder

A

Anonymous

Update: Just checked the technical specs folder and it says "Electrically heated front seats are standard". But I'll verify that with the dealer to be certain.
This is in deed a must-have in such cold climate. But I'm envious of you guys because I guess you usually don't need an extra set of wheels for the winter
season like we normally do (it's a law) so that always costs extra regardless of which car you own.

RCZ1

Reaction score
ruffryder said:
Update: Just checked the technical specs folder and it says "Electrically heated front seats are standard". But I'll verify that with the dealer to be certain.
This is in deed a must-have in such cold climate. But I'm envious of you guys because I guess you usually don't need an extra set of wheels for the winter
season like we normally do (it's a law) so that always costs extra regardless of which car you own.

No it's not law in the UK to have winter tyres but I think it something that should be seriously looked at. As soon as we get any type of snow, the whole country grinds to a halt. The snow we are having at the moment is pretty bad at the moment though and snow tyres / snow chains, etc may well be the answer to some of our problems.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
ruffryder said:

No it's not law in the UK to have winter tyres but I think it something that should be seriously looked at. As soon as we get any type of snow, the whole country grinds to a halt. The snow we are having at the moment is pretty bad at the moment though and snow tyres / snow chains, etc may well be the answer to some of our problems.

Snow tyres and chains would be a waste of time. Even now we only get snow for a total of two weeks a year and they'd spend the rest of the time being taken on and off (at cost) or damaging normal roads. A far bigger problem is the sheer number of people who still try to (have to) travel (including driving) when the snow hits.

More sensible would be for people to switch to winter tyres (better grip but not snow-specific) and for most people to just not drive.

A

Anonymous

Winter tyres are the best option; we had them in Germany, stops you damaging the alloy wheels too.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sorry, that was a typo - I meant winter tyres. We've had so much snow round here, I've got snow on the brain and its frozen :D

With regards to driving in the snow - sometimes you don't have an option. Public transport is unreliable at the best of times, as soon as bad weather hits - they get taken off the road, as they did today round here. Trains were not running because of the wrong sort of snow either :eusa-think:

There are times you could walk instead, but the paths are more perilous than the roads :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

ruffryder said:
This is in deed a must-have in such cold climate...
Another update: Got confirmation from the dealer that all Peugeots sold in Sweden come with seat heaters regardless of cloth/leather.