What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Leaking washer fluid

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Noticed this just today when topping up the washer fluid. Was a constant pouring for a good half hour and then dripping in a fast pace.

It's weird that it's on this side of the car since the washer refiller and retainer is on the other side of the engine bay! :? I tried checking around and it wasn't running along the bottom either cause that was bone dry.

I tried looking up where it came from but it was very hard to see and you saw nothing from above but i'm thinking it's one of the lines going to the headlight washer. But why would it be dripping constantly then? Is the pressure on at all times to those?

A

Anonymous

Could it be moisture/condensation from the air conditioning? :eusa-think:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I don't think so. The car was inside for maybe half an hour before i topped up the washer fluid and it was only after that the water appeared. It's weird tho cause i think the car gives an alarm when the washer fluid is near empty and there hasn't been one of those so there had to be fluid left in the container but i've never seen it leaking before.

If it was leaking like this all the time it would run dry and give the error message.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Have you tried using the headlight washer? I would have thought if it was the line, it wouldn't jet as well as the other side.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Well i tried the washers today and the only one that was working was the right side headlight washer, the rest was apparently dead :?

Windscreen washers have always worked before but not tonight....

Washing fluid container isn't empty either from what i can see from above it's like 1/3 full and the nozzle that did work was operating at full force. And since i topped it up to full yesterday and didn't use any of it until today, some 5 squirts with one working nozzle it should be way more than 1/3 remaining.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
You must be right, and have a leak in the line somewhere. Im not sure how the line is routed as I dont have headlight washers.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I had the car in to Peugeot today for this issue and it was indeed a leaking headlight washer hose. It had been shaving on a sharp edge for some reason until eventually a hole appeared.

Weird thing is it wasn't just a hose, but that hose was connected to a small "box" of sorts too. No idea what it's good for. I didn't see it myself as i had my dad take it to the service cause i had to be at work.

Anyway obviously it wasn't something they had lying around on a shelf so i'm due back there next week's friday for the swap. The part was only 19 € so it's not so bad. Doesn't look like it's gonna be paid for by the warranty tho, which is a bit disappointing.

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
I had the car in to Peugeot today for this issue and it was indeed a leaking headlight washer hose. It had been shaving on a sharp edge for some reason until eventually a hole appeared.

Weird thing is it wasn't just a hose, but that hose was connected to a small "box" of sorts too. No idea what it's good for. I didn't see it myself as i had my dad take it to the service cause i had to be at work.

Anyway obviously it wasn't something they had lying around on a shelf so i'm due back there next week's friday for the swap. The part was only 19 € so it's not so bad. Doesn't look like it's gonna be paid for by the warranty tho, which is a bit disappointing.

Why not? It shouldn't have been chaffing on anything sharp to cause it to develop a hole. How old is your car?

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I don't know really, i haven't talked to them. Maybe they see it as a "wear part" and doesn't apply to warranty... We'll see on friday when i get there.

That was actually my first thought too. If it's chaffing on some edge it's a designflaw, and i'll stand by that if they start whining. But with the usual luck or whatever obviously the entire world is gonna be againt me as always.

The car is registered 19th May 2011 so technically not 3 years yet so there should be a warranty?

frankvdb

Reaction score
The standard factory warranty is 2 years.
In the UK the dealer organization gave an additional 1 year of warranty, but I don't know for other countries.

hanswuk

Reaction score
In the UK the warranty is 3 years but in Finland that might be different? :eusa-think:

If it is 3 years then it should be a warranty issue - a hole in a pipe is not normal wear!

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Oh it really is only 2 years there? Do car brands really make cars that ONLY have 2 years warranty in this day and age?!

I always thought it was 3. Anyway i'm suspecting it's only 2 years here too cause when i had it in for the temp sensor they did mention briefly something about it not having a warranty but they fixed it anyway through some campaign.

I also got a 1 year warranty from the dealership i bought the car from but that expires THIS sunday so no luck there either :lol: