What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Knocking suspension.

courier

Reaction score
Could really do with some help. Have got a clonking on front suspension when going over rough roads. Seems to be more on passenger side. Here's the problem. Have had the car looked at by both a Peugeot and independent and both say that although they can hear it there is nothing visibly wrong and although they think it might be shocks they won't do it under the warranty I have as they can't be sure. This seems really unfair as I'm stuck in limbo. Anybody help as I so want to love this car but this is driving me mad

Pedro

Reaction score
What's the mileage & have you changed the drop links anytime as these are overlooked when chasing knocking on the front suspension only 1of mine on the offside was an advisory but I knew from the continuous knock knock over bumps it was goosed

Pedro

Reaction score
Is on the suspension? Sure its not the G/box or engine mounts?

Pedro

Reaction score
These cars have a hard suspension anyway my 200 & the R have a beefed up suspension which is hard as nails so you hear & feel every bump so its understandable your going to hear something when hitting a bump or pot hole that's not to say there is nothing wrong with your car if supposedly play was found in the upper bearings on the shocks then both nearside & offside would have to be changed due to the suspensions geometry its labour intensive so maybe that is why the dealer won't play ball?
The earlier models apparently did have shock absorber upper bearing failures

Ckin

Reaction score
I’ve a knock on the back NS corner so I’ve replaced the shock head mounts on both sides, I noticed the the shock compresses really easily which made me think the shock was knackered, but the other side was exactly the same. Does anyone know if that’s normal on the RCZ ?

Pedro

Reaction score
The shocks can be compressed off the car or even out of the box when new as long as they return to full height after compression they are OK however if you test them on each corner of the car they should bounce up then return to the normal weighted height of the car (the Bounce effect) then settle to normal height if they are suspect they will not react to the pressure (load) being applied & will not settle correctly to check this for the correct height measure from top of wheel arch to centre cap of wheel on both sides the measurement should be the same if not then one or both shocks could be faulty but you will need to change both as the suspension geometrics on cars this low is paramount to their handling on corners etc

Ckin

Reaction score
Thanks very much that’s a big help, I’ll measure and see if there is any difference.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
How do the rear axle bushes look? Your knocking could be coming from there?