What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Knock when doing slow speed steering

Rae07

Reaction score
Hi, I experienced knock sound on front when I do slow speed steering (full turn) this happens when I am parking. However, I found not replicate the sound when I tried doing it on stationary. Anyone experienced this before?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It’s tyre knock. The steering configuration on the RCZ is such that it drags one of the front wheels slightly sideways when on full lock at slow speeds. This causes a knock as the grip releases. Some makes of tyre are worse than others, some weather conditions make it happen more than others.

It’s nothing to worry about, most of us have experienced something similar

Rae07

Reaction score
Great to hear that it is nothing mechanical ie. Steering column or steering arm. Thanks a lot for your help!

Rae07

Reaction score
To update, the knocking sound is gone after I replaced my front brakes and rotor. Not too sure how it could cause, but I am glad the sound is gone.