What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

knock under pedals

A

Anonymous

I seem to have developed a knock under the pedals. Not only can I hear it but I can also feel it under my feet and on the steering wheel. This only seems to happen when I've been driving around for a while.
I have taken it into Peugeot and they can't find anything.

It is not the rattle/knocking sound that others have previously reported, as I have already had that fixed with new engine mounts.

Any ideas?? :eusa-think:

samwell

Reaction score
Is it a constant knocking or only over bumps etc? Does it happen at a particular steering angle?

A

Anonymous

It is a constant knocking which I can feel under my feet and if I place my hand on the steering columnalthough I can feel it more when pulling away from lights. Only does it after about half hour of driving.
Steering will do a strange click sound if I turn whilst the knock is happening.
I'm sorry, my explanation is not brilliant :crazy:

A

Anonymous

abit off topic but which engine mounts did they change for you?
Mine had to be tight as they were loose and had the knocking problem too.

A

Anonymous

As far as I know they changed all of them. I had a total nightmare before they got that one right.
They did 4 repairs which included replacing the shock mounts as per the info flash warning and nothing helped. They finally replaced the engine mounts and touch wood, no problems for 8 months :clap:

A

Anonymous

Mine has just started doing this after 55,000 miles.

Booked in for this Friday to investigate and to replace the grinding wing mirrors.

Will mention the engine mounts when I get to the garage.

A

Anonymous

Mine has started to do this too. Booked in for next Monday. A bit cheesed off as it has only just been serviced!!

A

Anonymous

bownib said:
Mine has started to do this too. Booked in for next Monday. A bit cheesed off as it has only just been serviced!!

Mine doesn't do it when cold, only after a bit of a drive.

Mines been booked in now for about a week, I did ring the garage to see if they could bring my booking forward as I was a bit apprehensive of driving due to the amount of motorway miles I cover but they didn't budge so I guess it can't be that dangerous :wtf:

A bit "off topic" but.... has anyone been getting an occasional turbo lag when putting their clog down?, happened a few times with me now so they are looking into that as well.

A

Anonymous

Mine doesn't do it when cold, only after a bit of a drive.

Yes - Mine is the same. I don't feel it at all on my work drive which is only 1 mile. However, motorway driving I can really feel it. Especially when I stop and start too. I've been on the M4 a lot lately and it's been stop/start journeys and it's coming through the floor of the car and the steering wheel too. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Well drive safe and I'll report back on the garages findings on Friday.

A

Anonymous

Well, picked up my car around 5:00 after the garage having it all day to get to the bottom of the knocking noise from the front drivers side wheel........... Guess what?........ They couldn't find anything wrong!

Two different engineers went out in the car and they couldn't get it to recreate the knocking noise.

They have put the car up on the ramps and checked all the fixings, joints etc and they are happy there is nothing loose or worn.

I will have to see what it's like next week on my travels.

The garage replaced the motors in my mirrors so there's no grinding noise locking and unlocking of my car.

My car was on an old software so they have installed the latest one and they are sure this will address the occasional lag issue i was having.

Time will tell and I'll keep you all in the loop on how things go.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Beefburga. Mine goes in Monday so it will be interesting to see if it will be a NFF too!! I'm not sure an engineer driving a vehicle that he doesn't drive on a daily basis would have the same "feel" for a car that he is repairing. I think the fact that we all "know" our cars so well and we are so in tune with them - therefore we can instantly detect the slightest change/problem. Just my opinion - I'm sure others will disagree.
I will keep you all posted

A

Anonymous

Sorry but i'm posting this from my iphone after a bottle of red so here goes.....

Gave my car a run out today and it felt more solid than when it went to the garage on Friday.

No noise, knock, anything, just felt really good.

I'm confused, and that's nothing to do with the wine.

A

Anonymous

Blimey - a whole bottle of red to yourself. Thought I was bad!

A

Anonymous

bownib said:
Blimey - a whole bottle of red to yourself. Thought I was bad!

Well, nearly a full bottle...... Spilt a little bit when I poured my first glass. :D