What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

KEY FOB FOR PEUGOT RCZ

Fred

Reaction score
Good day all.

My key fob the housing is all perished I also have to change the battery every 10 day. I am thinking that the buttons on the key fob are shorting out and using the battery.

Question.

How and where can I get a new key fob and programmed safely and securely. Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of RCZers have changed there key fobs to these I have done it myself to the wife's RCZ had not problem

£3.56 14%OFF | jingyuqin CE0523 Modified Flip Key Shell For Citroen C2 C4 C5 Berlingo Xsara Picasso Peugeot 306 407 807 Partner VA2/HU83 2/3BTN

Hope this helps you out

Fred

Reaction score
Thank you but don't I need to get the new key cut?

Pedro

Reaction score
Thank you but don't I need to get the new key cut?
No the bayonet (key) is not connected to any electrical components inside the fob it just clips off its mountings

turboguy

Reaction score
how long does it take to get the key fob? I just ordered one and got the $3 off discount on first order so it just over £2 including postage 🤣. Thanks Verminator

2retro

Reaction score
You will get it... eventually!

anghel132

Reaction score
Hi Verminator!

Just want give a headsup if you're buying the one you posted. If you have a look at the pictures, the stock key slides out horizontally sideways. (Like opening a fan). That new key from aliexpress opens up like a chest. So the keyblade profile with respect to the hinge is different. It's not interchangeable. You will still need to get it cut. (Though that's not that expensive, just find a good locksmith who'll be willing to do the cut). Also don't forget the key profile (HU83 is the one I have which I think is the same for most RCZs?)

Secondly it is only the housing - if you're having issues with pcb (the board inside) you'll still have those issues with the new housing.

You can order a replacement pcb board from aliexpress as well, but you'll have to get someone to program it and that's the costly part.

I'm in australia and my two keys were completely mangled. So swapped them out with new ones that I got cut locally (some you can buy a cutting service, just send a clear photo of the key profile).

1615525228796.png

Sorry for the sideways have no idea how to rotate from here

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're sorted now l did order a set and sent them photos of the keys changed over and all good to go £12 pounds for two keys good price and fast service......
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

PS. I did have keys sent to another address not mine didn't want keys not turning up and waking up one morning and my RCZ had gone....

turboguy

Reaction score
opps just received mine and was wondering how you changed the key over. Only just read the bit you didnt but had the key cut instead :eek:

turboguy

Reaction score
Will post pictures up shortly , but messed up good here :( . banged the pin out of the original key and removed the blade and tried to insert it into the new key but it does not fit. So tried to put everything back to normal and end up losing the holding pin to the blade. Inserted a matchstick as a temporary fix 🤣.

anghel132

Reaction score
Will post pictures up shortly , but messed up good here :( . banged the pin out of the original key and removed the blade and tried to insert it into the new key but it does not fit. So tried to put everything back to normal and end up losing the holding pin to the blade. Inserted a matchstick as a temporary fix 🤣.
Nuuu mate, we don't do that😅. Just get the new blank cut

2retro

Reaction score
You could have had the key cut on AliExpress at the same time by uploading a photo of yours by the way.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I did also ordered a key Fob and blank key and had new key cut for a tenner still cheap..

turboguy

Reaction score
umm need to find somewhere to get the new key cut. not sure how long the matchstick will hold the original key 🤣
Maybe I should put some superglue in to stop it from ever falling out 😃

Attachments

• new key 1.jpg
    new key 1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 19
  • key 2.jpg
    key 2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 19
  • excellent bodge job key.jpg
    excellent bodge job key.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 19

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Get one of them paper clips and cut a piece off to fit worth a try as they do come in different sizes....