What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Key coding

csb64

Reaction score
Hi,have a 2012 model and spare remote does not work I have put in new battery but still nothing.Does anyone know a cheap solution to get new remote coded to the car so I have a working backup key and remote.As you can see the quote I got is a crazy price.Ir maybe that's the going rate.Any help advice welcome.

Hi ! Thank you for calling Car Keys Solutions Here is your estimate: PEUGEOT RCZ 2012 Spare remote key 185£ Ghost immo 2 500£ mobile /450£ shop Finanace also available over 4 months Price includes vat and 2 years warranty for new keys and 5 years for the ghost and locks (van security )

Pedro

Reaction score
Possibly contacts in the fob or as has been known to happen the fob won't communicate with the car after the battery was swopped over which mean the key need reprogramming to the car which means as per your post spending money unfortunately

2retro

Reaction score
If it's the original fob and the battery has just been changed there is a manual procedure to re-coded it to the car - it's in the manual somewhere. I've done it before, something along the lines of turning the ignition and holding down buttons on the fob for XX seconds. Have a look in the manual and you should find it.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
That is the way to do it put key in the ignition turn to first setting then press the button to lock the door when this happens key reset...