What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Judging the width.Cant see the bonnet.

Pisces63

Reaction score
I admit I am not a very good driver,but I have driven hundreds of cars,and find my RCZ the hardest car to judge its width on the road because I can not see the bonnet.I am 6 foot tall and have the seat fully raised.Any one else or just me?

M19YEA

Reaction score
I had some similar issues when I first purchased mine. I do have the seat quite low as that’s how I prefer it. It was more parking for me especially on my drive. My last car was 03 reg and my RCZ is 65 so things have certainly changed with dimensions :ROFLMAO:

lfe

Reaction score
You get used to it quickly, especially if you have front distance sensors like my car. They have good lateral sensitivity

Pedro

Reaction score
As long as you can see what's in front then just point it forwards I'm 6'2 & just watch my distance & speed but never go beyond 2 Metres behind anything in traffic

M19YEA

Reaction score
You get used to it quickly, especially if you have front distance sensors like my car. They have good lateral sensitivity
What type of RCZ has the front sensors :oops:

M19YEA

Reaction score
Ah thanks - shame I don’t have them on mine. They would be handy.

Kerr

Reaction score
Just use your bumper. That's what they are for surely? :)

M19YEA

Reaction score
Yeah the bumper use to hit the drain pipe now and then when I first bought it :ROFLMAO:

Pedro

Reaction score
What type of RCZ has the front sensors :oops:
The 200s had them fitted as standard but this model was the original flagship prior to the launch of the R which came without front parking sensors probably to cut costs as in you can have them for more money!

Pisces63

Reaction score
Proper French parking
Thanks for replies.I have always been rubbish at parking,no change there.
The problem is the width of the car when driving,because I can’t see the bonnet.
Down narrow country roads a problem,too near the hedge, or over the middle of the road.
Never experienced it before.

Kenneth

Reaction score
Thanks for replies.I have always been rubbish at parking,no change there.
The problem is the width of the car when driving,because I can’t see the bonnet.
Down narrow country roads a problem,too near the hedge, or over the middle of the road.
Never experienced it before.
I had an insignia for a runabout between cars for about six months and it was horrendous for working. In spite of the parking sensors. I never once parked that think parallel to the kerb. I’ve found the Z much more agreeable that way because the rear arches seem to help me.

im out on country lanes a fair bit but haven’t found width an issue. I’m glad I don’t drive those ones in Devon or Cornwall all the same. 😐

M19YEA

Reaction score
The rear arches do prove useful on the RCZ apart from being so good to look at :)

Kenneth

Reaction score
It’s a nice view from the side mirrors. It is quite hard to hide where you are at the front. Older cars were easy as you looked down the bonnet. You could see all 4 corners. The front parking sensors do get good use on the z. And the rears. I d still park it squint at time la.

M19YEA

Reaction score
The cars are getting bigger but the parking spaces aren’t. :ROFLMAO: It was easy when I had a Toyota Yaris sport years ago bit high up for my liking though.