What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Jerky acceleration ?

A

Anonymous

My new Asphalt - just over 100 miles so far, seems to have a "flat spot" when moving off from standstill , the take-up is not smooth. It might just be me getting used to the car. The missing "cleaning kit" is being resolved by the local dealer ordering a replacement.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'll persevere.. Looked at the video clips - I promise it wasn't me.

A

Anonymous

I've also got a new asphalt - 400 miles so far. I've found that 1st is pretty much a useless gear and can be a bit of a pain from standstill.

I think I've got used to it though but it did take a couple of weeks!

A

Anonymous

Key is to shift gear from 1 to 2  on low rpm. Try to shift it on 1000-1500 rpm.

A

Anonymous

Its a known fact that 1st gear is just toget the car rolling, if you want a faster start then start off in 2nd gear.

A

Anonymous

:lol: No no, if you want faster start you need 5500-6000 rpm on 1 st gear.

A

Anonymous

Hi had experienced similar issues with lack of power when moving of from standstill, would then pick up and perform as you would expect. Would describe it as excessive turbo lag which would only occur occasionally.
Took it to dealer but they were unable to diagnose any issues. Eventually and after some months engine fault light came on stating engine repair needed. Garage diagnosis was that there was an issue with timing. Was booked in and various parts of the timing system were replaced. Car now appears to be more responsive from start with no lag or hesitation so good end result but frustrating and even dangerous when it was misbehaving.
Engine type THP 200

A

Anonymous

Mine has started to do this. I was thining it was the silly Hill assist thing trying to hijack but now will look into it more.

A

Anonymous

Mine's the same really lethargic when pulling away but once you get up into 2nd and 3rd gear it's fine.

A

Anonymous

Mine is back to doing that too. The dealer updated software when I was in about something else some months ago and that seemed to make it better. I wonder if the same thing needs done again.

A

Anonymous

Its in the engine map not to allow you full power in 1st gear (or below a set speed) all to do with emissions levels and passing the EU rules.

A

Anonymous

scoobielew said:
Hi had experienced similar issues with lack of power when moving of from standstill, would then pick up and perform as you would expect. Would describe it as excessive turbo lag which would only occur occasionally.
Took it to dealer but they were unable to diagnose any issues. Eventually and after some months engine fault light came on stating engine repair needed. Garage diagnosis was that there was an issue with timing. Was booked in and various parts of the timing system were replaced. Car now appears to be more responsive from start with no lag or hesitation so good end result but frustrating and even dangerous when it was misbehaving.
Engine type THP 200

Im a bit unsure if what you're explaining is what happens to me i my THP 156.
Sometimes when I put down the throttle in for instance 2nd gear to get up to speed on the highway, the engine responds by "slipping". i.e. it sounds like if there was a turbine wheel slipping in the tracks. It sort of makes the whole car movement jerky for a bit. As soon as I release the throttle everything is fine and I can keep accelerating without problems. This has happened maybe 5 times in six months now.

Should I take it to a garage?

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have the same problem in my RCZ 1.6 auto

was fine up until 2 weeks ago now its jerky when I pull away, and when I am slowing down to a stop at a junction/traffic lights its not smooth.

I want to take it to the dealer but I live in Dubai and you really need to spoon food them with as much info as possible

Any ideas?

Thanks