What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

JBL or not?

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guys I was just wondering if there is a way to know if I have the JBL speakers without removing the covers? I have the NG4 stereo.

Cheers Bob

lfe

Reaction score
Cars with JBL have the corresponding logo on the door speakers

Attachments

• jbl.jpg
    jbl.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 23

BobM

Reaction score
I thought as much. so I do not then. Can anyone speak for the difference in sound quality between the two?

Thank you.

NF7

Reaction score
I thought as much. so I do not then. Can anyone speak for the difference in sound quality between the two?

Thank you.
If you use AUX for music playback - no difference.

If you use jukebox and copy the music files to the hard drive of the unit - quite a difference.

BobM

Reaction score

If you use jukebox and copy the music files to the hard drive of the unit - quite a difference.
Really I would have thought the speakers and AMP from JBL would have made a big difference?

NF7

Reaction score
Really I would have thought the speakers and AMP from JBL would have made a big difference?
AUX connection and cabling is of bad quality sadly. At least on my car.

BobM

Reaction score
I see. This may be why I felt like my system is lacking. So if I copy the files to the jukebox the sound much better? I have a fat 32 usb laying about somewhere what I will do is copy some files on to it and move them to the jukebox as advised.

Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Reactions: NF7

Heanster

Reaction score

Er, sorry to jump in... but what is 'jukebox'?

NF7

Reaction score
Er, sorry to jump in... but what is 'jukebox'?
It’s a feature of the NG4 satnav in some RCZs.

It’s a glorified hard disk player -> allows you to copy all your music to your sat nav and use it.

BobM

Reaction score
Hi Nunter I should have said that I moved my music to the jukebox and I agree strangely it does sound better. I cannot understand why. I was playing uncompressed WAV files through AUX and 320 MP3's from jukebox but it still sounds better IMO. Any idea if It is possible to add higher quality files to jukebox or only MP3?

NF7

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems that the datastream to the amplifier is simply better from the device itself (which is kind of logical) as there is no loss as compared to the AUX port.

You can use WMA format as well (it should be better than MP3) as it is lossless media format compared to MP3 which is lossy.

dumdum

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems that the datastream to the amplifier is simply better from the device itself (which is kind of logical) as there is no loss as compared to the AUX port.

You can use WMA format as well (it should be better than MP3) as it is lossless media format compared to MP3 which is lossy.
Sadly WMA isn’t lossless, it’s very similar to mp3 in the sense it’s lossy also

flac, alac, wav are all lossless

there was a version of wma which was lossless for multi channel audio

Last edited: