What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

JBL option.....

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Can someone enlighten me on the JBL option?? Is it just a set of speaker upgrades or is there more to it for the £400!!

JB

A

Anonymous

Can't comment I'm afraid as I've not heard the JBL

I'm pretty happy with the standard stereo though

A

Anonymous

Last time I had "upgraded" speakers was in my first car.. I did love the bass and clarity but tbh Id expect a new premium sports car to sound at least as good as a "modded motor" from half a decade ago as standard.

A

Anonymous

I went for the jbl option.
No expert in these things but compared to every other car I've had I think it sounds fantastic. Very powerful and good really punchy but not distorted bass.
With the sat nav option you get a 10 gig hard drive too. Got something approaching 150 albums on there. How cool is that!

A

Anonymous

i have the jbl in my 308cc gt100 and it was inc as part of the launch model I do think they are worth it brilliant base and much clearer than standard also helps me when roof is down to clear some wind noise lol

A

Anonymous

its a personal choice mate if you can afford the £400 go for it but i really dont think its worth it the system in any car is only as good as how well the car is put together the door cards at volume level 14 shake and distort in my carspeakers are fine at this level the doors are not,i aint slating jbl but any sound system is as only good as the surrounding acoustics,the speakers wont distort but the interior will giving off severe resonance hence any custom job is very well insulated with an appropriately fitted MDF.SPEND THE £400 ON A LEATHER UPGRADE FOR THE DASH OR DIFFERENT ALLOYS instead :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
its a personal choice mate if you can afford the £400 go for it but i really dont think its worth it the system in any car is only as good as how well the car is put together the door cards at volume level 14 shake and distort in my carspeakers are fine at this level the doors are not,i aint slating jbl but any sound system is as only good as the surrounding acoustics,the speakers wont distort but the interior will giving off severe resonance hence any custom job is very well insulated with an appropriately fitted MDF.SPEND THE £400 ON A LEATHER UPGRADE FOR THE DASH OR DIFFERENT ALLOYS instead :thumbup:

I have the JBL upgrade and had similar problems with door card resonance especially at the rear where the large lower frequency speakers are mounted. Took it back to the dealers 3 times they eventually sorted it the insulation around the speakers hadn't been fitted properly causing the contact with the plastic panel. Ultimately though there is still some resonance on very bassy tracks at high volume 15+, unfortunately the speakers will go further and can be pushed quite far but the insulation and speaker enclosures do have their limits.

reycz95

Reaction score
Whether it is the GPS(global positioning system) or the kit jbl one little very easily to have widely better for much cheaper

A

Anonymous

Also if you do get teh JBL option the amp can not be used for anything else and you can not put a sub to the amp. So the JBL system can not be upgraded if you so wanted to at a later date.

reycz95

Reaction score
In caraudio everything is possible, but so much to leave on the maternal voucher and not on their option which(who) do not cost much

A

Anonymous

I like mine they sound good the upgrade includes the speakers and an upgraded Amp which is fitted in the boot behind the rear light access panel.

reycz95

Reaction score
That stays of the bottom of the range paid a high price too much

richard.au

Reaction score
hi jassy "volume level 14 shake and distort" is not a good thing. you should get this fixed.

i crank up to mid-20s regularly. My rear left speaker has some bass trouble on some particular notes/frequencies, but they are few and far between. But I would like it sorted.

But worse still, my front left tweeter sounds horrible when certain frequencies travel thru it. I haven't been in for a warrantly/vehicle inspection yet (2000ks approaching), but when I go in, I'll be asking for the speaker to be replaced, cause frankly, it sounds like it has a tear in it.

and when i've spent the money on great sound in a great car... i expect no less. I will be getting the left front speaker fixed. The rear bass problem, I can probably live with, it's just a few loud bass notes that make it shake.

otherwise, i'm 90% satisfied with the jbl system. it does have lots-a-watts. level 26 is just plain 'loud' :) the way i like it.

reycz95

Reaction score
Needs to soundproof doors it are already largely going to improve the yield(efficiency) in the grave