What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

It's on the way!

A

Anonymous

The last update I had was my build date had been put back to the 17th, I rang today to check and the salesman told me as of yesterday the car had been built and was between Graz and Calais....Yes Yes Yes :p :p :p
Hopefully not long now, he is going to check and try and get a confirmed delivery date on Monday. :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
mikepy said:
The last update I had was my build date had been put back to the 17th, I rang today to check and the salesman told me as of yesterday the car had been built and was between Graz and Calais....Yes Yes Yes :p :p :p
Hopefully not long now, he is going to check and try and get a confirmed delivery date on Monday. :D

That's great news :thumbup:

Everybody seems to be getting their now - which is great. :dance: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Fantatic news. :thumbup: You've had a verrrryyyy long wait but it's nearly over now. :dance: :beer: :clap:

A

Anonymous

Great news. Maybe mine will also be between Graz and Calais. Built on the 12th but dealer said was still at factory as of 16th.

A

Anonymous

Dealer rang this morning and it's in Calais :p :p The current delivery estimate is 28th, :( :( but might possibly be sooner. :D :D

A

Anonymous

Dealer rang this morning "its here would you like to collect it tomorrow?" um let me think.... you bet your ass I would :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only fly in the ointment, I went to transfer some money from one account to my current account and it will take 3 working days doh! so I am going to have to pay part of the balance with a credit card, ah well at least I won't have to pay any interest.

Must remember to take my camera with me tomorrow. :p

A

Anonymous

FANTASTIC news, Mikepy. A loooonnnnggggg wait since June but it's finally here and you'll be grinning like a maniac from now on. Many happy miles of motoring and don't forget that camera :thumbup: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Excellent news Mickepy yes I agree you will be grinning all the way home, although I suspect you may not be home for a while :lol:
Just a word of caution I would check with dealer (or you may already have) as to wether you can pay an amount by credit card as I'm sure that wasnt an option for me. Debit card, bankers draught is fine. Cash would also have been difficult interestly. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

scoobielew said:
Excellent news Mickepy yes I agree you will be grinning all the way home, although I suspect you may not be home for a while :lol:
Just a word of caution I would check with dealer (or you may already have) as to wether you can pay an amount by credit card as I'm sure that wasnt an option for me. Debit card, bankers draught is fine. Cash would also have been difficult interestly. :eusa-think:

Definitely worth checking - situation at my dealer was:

- debit card OK
- credit card OK, but the dealer would pass on the fee that they're charged (didn't go this route, so didn't ask what the fee would be)
- building society counter cheque OK, but the dealer would need to delay the handover in order to process the cheque (because of a rise in the number of forgeries)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Great news Mikey - get those pics posted soon !

As an aside, my dealer would not accept bankers draught - I've already transferred my money to them electronically - won't get the car until towards the end of next week !

A

Anonymous

scoobielew said:

I checked with the dealer and credit card is ok, but I will have to pay a surcharge of £50, it's either that or wait till next Saturday :eusa-think: I think I'll pay the £50 :p

A

Anonymous

I've got it and it's brilliant :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The day was not without it's problems however, on Friday I copied and faxed my retention certificate to the dealer, he said the first attempt was not very good so I did another and said if that does'nt work I can scan and email it, so I scanned and saved it, dealer called and said fax was ok, so when I turned up this morning no retention certificate, you guessed it's in the scanner at work still! So will have to drop it in on Monday.

Back to the car, I was slightly worried about the midnight silver wheels, not having seen any apart from the web site, but they are great, so far running around all day trying to get my certificate I have done 150 miles, and averaged 43 mpg, mostly dual carriageway admittedly but some town and a visit to the filling station to fill up, when I returned from paying a couple of people were looking one said "thats a beauty, is it a Porsche?" :p I have'nt had a chance to take pictures today, I'm off to the gamefair at Powderham Castle tomorrow, so hopefully I will get some good shots. Did I mention it's brilliant? oh yeah I did, can't help it, still smiling. To all those waiting, it's definitely worth the wait.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Great to see that the RCZ is living up to your expectations.
Enjoy your day tomorrow and don't forget the pics.

A

Anonymous

Wonderful news, mikepy. Glad you're enjoying your babe and loved the comment about the Porsche! Pix when you can :beer:

A

Anonymous

Pictures posted in gallery, rather hurried pics, I will try for some better ones later, I am getting the Nokia phone, they ran out but are getting some more so I am collecting it next Saturday. It arrived in a hurry and as I collected as soon as possible I did'nt have time to arrange for a detailer to do the car, but I must say the dealers people seem to have done a good job, no obvious problems or swirl marks, I will be checking and if it looks good I'll just give it a good coat of quality wax. Yesterday I gave the alloys a coat of rim wax, the neighbours must have thought I was mad, waxing alloy wheels on a new car in the near dark. :lol: Incidentally brake dust does'nt show up on the midnight silver wheels. :lol:
I've tried a portable usb disk drive and it does'nt recognise it, a usb memory stick works fine, I'm going to try formatting the disk again and try it then.