What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ITG Filter

A

Anonymous

Has anyone fitted the ITG filter to their RCZ? I think Kerry has gone for the K&N, but what about the ITG?

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid that I went down the K&N route too. I know that this doesn't really answer you question but I can fully endorse the K&N one. You can generally track them down pretty cheap on eBay. Having driven RCZs while my own (with filter fitted) was being repaired, I am convinced that there is a discernible improvement in the responsiveness of the engine. I don't really know too much about ITG filters if I'm honest. Sorry that that doesn't really tackle your question.

A

Anonymous

The only reason I'm hesitating on a K&N and looking at the ITG is that when we fitted a K&N to a 2.2 cs to Civic diesel the engine noise changed and not in a good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

The K&N didn't negatively affect the engine sound in the RCZ in my experience with it. In fact it didn't really make much of a difference to it at all.

A

Anonymous

I'll be interested to learn of your experiences with the ITG one if you do go down that route.

A

Anonymous

They do one for the VXR that I do know Rizz

A

Anonymous

I'm intrigued. I am going to upgrade the one in the VXR shortly and had been looking at getting either a K&N or a Countenay Sport one. You've just added another to the mix!!

A

Anonymous

Now I'm trying to cast my mind back to 05 when we had the Vectra and Astra VXRs. Might be worth looking up Thorney Motorsports and also Triple 8 were doing official VXR mods.

A

Anonymous

Cracking advice Catherine!! Much appreciated! I'm still very much a VXR newbie but I'm learning!!

A

Anonymous

Well thank you so much for taking the time to provide those links and suggestions! :thumbup: Looks like I have some homework to do!:D