What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Is that Sat Nav Worth It?

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I have ordered my RCZ last week and am having second thoughts about the Sat Nav. Originally the £1200 extra was off putting but now I quite fancy the idea. What do you all think and am I too late in adding this extra on?

Andy :?:

A

Anonymous

you get a free Nokia phone with your RCZ that has sat nav. Not as handy as in-car, but a darn site cheaper :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

tytyk said:
Hi all,

I have ordered my RCZ last week and am having second thoughts about the Sat Nav. Originally the £1200 extra was off putting but now I quite fancy the idea. What do you all think and am I too late in adding this extra on?

Andy :?:
I added the sat nav to my order a couple of days after I placed the original one. I think the dash and console look so much better with it. Not got the car yet so can't comment on what it's actually like!

A

Anonymous

I think it over complicates the dash. Every review I read stated the buttons were confusing but they all had the sat nav.
I think you also lose the USB to attach an Ipod, I could be wrong on that so don't take it as gospel.
Anyhow were all different but it always seems soooo expensive to add it to any car when stand alones are so cheap
and upgradable.

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate by the way your ordered spec is the same as mine apart from I have ordered the petrol version.

A

Anonymous

I've always preferred the built-in systems. Basically I'm lazy and don't like the faff of clamping an after market unit to the windscreen. Also it does still come with the USB port, in addition to DVD playing capabilities (albeit while at standstill), a builtin phone (just need to add a SIM card), still connects to your existing phone over bluetooth and has a 10GB hard disk. Have to agree with the comment about confusing buttons/layout though, I had a chance to play with one for around 10-15mins and it was by no means intuitive. But I guess (since I've ordered it) I'll just have to read the manual.

FGRob

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of built in Sat Nav's and therefore never had one, my wife brought me a Tom Tom - Live at Christmas this year and to be honest it's been worth every penny - especially the live bit, does a great job in rerouting when jams occur telling you your actual arrival time based on the road conditions - I don't think there is an in-built that does that yet - is there????

The big advantage is I can use it in any car :thumbup:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I've ordered Sat Nav and have had it in my last 2 cars 407 & 407 SW. It is upgradable from the map providers but at a cost, I have never needed to upgrade but cars have been '08 then '09 reg so maps have been up to date. It is great at rerouting and informs you of any traffic jams on your route. The arrival time can be slightly out but pretty accurate in my experience. As khatkar also says the hard drive plus built in phone i find very useful as I always have had problems with the bluetooth connection IE contact list not displaying, recieved/made call list blank. For me its a must but my sister hates it each to there own as they say.

A

Anonymous

I must admit that it sounds expensive for a Sat Nav...but it is a whole lot more than that as "khatkar" pointed out is his post. I have ordered it for my RCZ because of that and because it keeps things tidy.

At the meet at Silverstone, I noticed a couple of RCZ's with SatNav consoles stuck to the windscreen which seemed to seriously restrict the view. As they say, it is a personal preference and I can understand the arguments both for and against.

A

Anonymous

I'm in 2 minds on this one. My wife's car has it, and having the nav built-in is nice (it will interrupt the stereo if giving spoken directions, and the directions are displayed on a small screen in the instrument cluster for the driver). However, my old car didn't and I got by just fine with a portable unit.

Personally, I just can't get over the fact that 1400 quid is a hell of a lot of money (at least with the RCZ you get more than just the satnav for that, which is better value than a lot of other cars, but still :eusa-think: )