What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Is it best to have arches wrapped or just get new ones. Garage carwash has damaged them

Sar195

Reaction score
Is it expensive to get arches wrapped or just get new ones. Garage carwash has damaged mine.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Not sure of the cost of wrapping, but I do know that new ones will be very expensive.

The moral of this story is NEVER use garage car washes.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Wrapping is cheaper than buying new. Some members have had theirs wrapped, so I know the results are good if done well.
You could also try breakers, unfortunately some of our beautiful cars have now gone to the great garage in the sky, so it’s possible you could get a deal on replacing them.
EBay is often a good place to start. (Other auction sites are available 😁).

Sar195

Reaction score
I have seen them £120 each , God nose how much to fit them though. Respect for answering.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Fitting is a simple process to do yourself not a long job about 30 minutes a side

RCZKam

Reaction score
Only downside with buying used is the arches might of been damaged whilst being removed by a knuckle dragger, also the reason why your looking to replace in the first place is because over time they could fade/pitt etc and this could be the case with the ones your getting

Some people get theres sprayed but unless they are taken off to start with the finish around the rubber trim will be down to how good the painter is

Getting them wrapped seems better but again it’s down to the wrapper, some remove the arches some keep in place and work around but the issue still lies with them rubber trim sections around the main arch and the base

Whatever you decide at least you have decided not to use the devils wash again :)

2retro

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't tackle taking the arches off myself - it involves taking the wipers and the front trim under the windscreen off. And you will definitely break some of the clips getting the arches off. You'll want 2 people as well so you don't catch the paintwork... Not for me but best of luck to you if you decide to go for it!

Pedro

Reaction score
I spray mine after washing with chrome & Alloy cleaner from B & Q no stains to get rid of & they look clean as a whistle a perfect Cheap Fix