What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Is a Cat S worth it?

will_berry70

Reaction score
Hi
I spotted a nice looking cat S on auto trader that claims to have been cat S just for the rear windscreen, which sounds odd. Could this be worth getting? And is there a way of really finding out the damage that was repaired?

Cheers.

turboguy

Reaction score
once a cat S always a cat S. Personally I wouldnt touch it but if cheap enough then maybe

Pedro

Reaction score
Check to see if insurance is a problem as some companies won't insure some repaired or write offs etc

Kerr

Reaction score
Hi
I spotted a nice looking cat S on auto trader that claims to have been cat S just for the rear windscreen, which sounds odd. Could this be worth getting? And is there a way of really finding out the damage that was repaired?

Cheers.

Cat S is damage to the structure of the car that is uneconomical to repair.

I assume the rear screen is expensive, but I can't see it being a write off or a Cat S.

This website stores the details and photographs of cars that go through salvage auctions.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
The MOT history doesn't point to it having been well maintained unfortunately.
It's had more fails than I think I've had on all my cars in 22 years 😂

Flanners

Reaction score
Used rear screens are £150 on eBay, obviously though much more new from Peugeot, doubtful it was written off for a new screen......given it is a CAT car, the MOT history is pretty awful and the seller points out scratches and dents, these cars can be finicky with tip top upkeep never mind an uncared for example, I would not bother personally

will_berry70

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys.
If I'm zooming around country roads and motorways I'd rather not have to worry about dodgy handling with a repaired chasis or whatever.