What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

IPOD JUMPING

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I posted this as a newbie, but thought maybe someone on here may have a better idea of an answer:

"Hi to one and all...I took delivery of my RCZ yesterday...March 2012 GT auto...so far I am in heaven.

Couple of questions, both regarding the sound system; I have connected my ipod to the USB in the arm rest compartment, but for some reason it is jumping like a CD over bumps...I have taken out, and re-connected but the same is happening; anyone else have this issue???

Secondly, I am pretty sure when I put the car to bed last night I was listening to the radio, yet when I started the car this morning, the music system started on IPOD mode...again is this a glitch or something easier to sort??

Will search thru the rest of this forum for other useful tips...looking forward to leaning on all you for lots of other stupid questions!

Thanks
"[/i]

I received a few suggestions, including taking the IPOD off "shake to shuffle" (which my ipod doesnt have), and trying a new USB connection, which I have, with the same skipping and jumping.....ggrrrrr

Has anyone experienced this, and if so is there a solution???

If not I will be taking the car back to the garage....annoying over such a minor problem....PLEASE HELP

A

Anonymous

My car always starts on the ipod, you just get used to it.
Not experienced the 'jumping issue' - wonder if you've got a faulty connection? Have you tried a different ipod altogether, see if it still jumps?

A

Anonymous

Hi Donna,

Thanks for the reply.

The ipod was working without jumping on the Audi A1 I p/x'ed for the Pug....sure its not an ipod issue.

I will listen to it with my headphones later...but would be shocked if that's the issue.

A

Anonymous

royallicky said:
Hi Donna,

Thanks for the reply.

The ipod was working without jumping on the Audi A1 I p/x'ed for the Pug....sure its not an ipod issue.

I will listen to it with my headphones later...but would be shocked if that's the issue.

That's why I'm wondering if it's maybe a faulty socket in the arm rest......

A

Anonymous

Agree Donna....my guess is that its a fault within the port/armrest.

Means booking the car in no doubt...so annoying :cry:

A

Anonymous

Update:

Tried my son's Itouch (ipod with screen) and same skipping happened.

Then downloaded 200 odd songs onto an 8gb memory stick..... and NO problems at all!!! :clap:

£4.89 on amazon, and problem solved! First time I could really enjoy the car since I bought it, because at the back of my mind, the ipod/music issues were niggling away!

Onwards and upwards now...thanks for all your help.