What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

IPOD Classic

A

Anonymous

Help Please !! could anyone tell me how to display albums, artists , tracks from ipod, when plugged in just brings up list of filesthat are in no particular order, tried ipod in non peugeot vehicle and everything fine :helpme:

A

Anonymous

My original IPOD brick (white) does not even scroll or play - when I put my new ipod in - it picks up - only issue - playlists - any ideas how the user can scroll to these if you have any?

A

Anonymous

its just showing files that have random contents, cant search for albums, artists, playlists or tracks, currently burning playlists to cds and then ripping to cars hard drive

A

Anonymous

It would seem on reading the manual that when you use the USB port this only recognises MP3 files and not other.
So Itunes predominantly records its files in WAV.

Music files need to be converted to MP3 for those that do not play.

Hence - my old classic White brick does not play at all in car through the USB - but will play through the jack (AUX1)?

My new black 120GB Ipod plays 3/4 of the stuff on it, but not all. This is the MP3 scenario.
So convert all files to MP3 and the IPODs play. I believe there is a way in ITunes that converst files to MP3???

Any advise anyone?

A

Anonymous

Anyone got any idea how to get Playlists up when using an ipod it shows artists but cannot get to playlists

A

Anonymous

I doubt it will due to the restrictions of the system? I believe a USB stick with MP3 gives that facility.

RCZ1

Reaction score
tytyk said:
Anyone got any idea how to get Playlists up when using an ipod it shows artists but cannot get to playlists

Hi tytyk - I have an Ipod classic 5th generation - do you know which generation yours is?

When using the Ipod via the USB, press and HOLD the "List - refresh" button on the radio, this brings up options of genres, playlists, etc. From there, select playlists and then you can use the scroll button on the bottom stalk on the right hand side of the steering wheel to scroll through all your playlists and then use the button on the end of the same stalk to select the playlist you want.

If you want to change the playlist you are listening to whilst driving press either the top button or the bottom button on the same stalk to go back/forward through your different playlists.

I think its great that you can control all your music from your steering wheel - I'm well chuffed :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

:thumbup: RCZ1 how on earth did you find that out? It's not in the manual is it? Will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks heaps.

A

Anonymous

RCZ White said:
I doubt it will due to the restrictions of the system? I believe a USB stick with MP3 gives that facility.

I use a USB with WMA files - the "List" button displays the folder names (which in my case are album titles). Navigating to a folder and pressing "OK" (or "Source" on the steering wheel stalk) displays the file names (in my case track titles).

I tried nesting folders so I could have <artist> - <album> - <track> but that didn't work (not sure why).

Still better than a CD multichanger in my opinion :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 I could not wait and your right. After looking at the instructions I have found it! RTFI is my motto but I've not been following my mantra!

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ White said:
RCZ1 I could not wait and your right. After looking at the instructions I have found it! RTFI is my motto but I've not been following my mantra!

Because I'm so anal whenever I get anything new I have to read the manual/instructions from cover to cover, a few times just to make sure that I know everything that it will do. Reading the manual when you get a new car is part of the excitement of getting a new car for me.

When I picked my car up on Monday, once I got it home, I sat in the car, reading the manual going through each page and trying all the different things out.
Call me stupid - I was sat there for 3 hours :lol:

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
RCZ White said:

Because I'm so anal whenever I get anything new I have to read the manual/instructions from cover to cover, a few times just to make sure that I know everything that it will do. Reading the manual when you get a new car is part of the excitement of getting a new car for me.

When I picked my car up on Monday, once I got it home, I sat in the car, reading the manual going through each page and trying all the different things out.
Call me stupid - I was sat there for 3 hours :lol:
Do you really want to be called stupid :dance: :lol: :lol: . I read the manual for that long when I first got the car and got the Colgate ring of confidence from sitting on the throne for two long :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Noone can call you stupid for doing that RCZ1 people have just put you in the "RCZ speed-dial" for technical assistance, well except me as I read my manual every night at bed time. The wife says I am obsessed, I say I am "interested"

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Stubu

I'm reading mine every night too at bedtime!

You can never have too much information. Its also keeping me going whilst its away being re-trimmed.