What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

iPhone bluetooth recent problems

A

Anonymous

Hi,

it seems ever since I updated my iPhone to 6.1.4 the bluetooth connectivity is suffering, basically it keeps breaking up, almost like a scratched cd. Has anyone else had this problem?

It might not be the update, it just seems a coincidence that I have never had any issues, until I installed this update

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

Finance Man

A

Anonymous

Hi Finance Man, welcome to the forum.

How far away do you keep the phone? I have an HTC One X and find that if it's in my pocket it sounds much worse than if it's right beneath the radio.

A

Anonymous

Hey JWT, thanks been here a little while, just not posted before.

I normally have it in the centre console, so it should be ok, but thanks for the tip, I'm going to try different places & see it that helps :)

A

Anonymous

The Bluetooth aerial in the iPhone is in the back near the top (next to the camera). If you orient it so that the radio signal does not have to go through the screen to get out (eg if I pocket them screen side towards your body) the signal will be far less attenuated. Put it in the console screen down - try that, but either way it should not be a problem at that sort of range.

A

Anonymous

Thanks JohnW, I didn't know that, defiantly something I will remember, it seemed ok today not one jump/break in the Bluetooth signal. So fingers crossed :)