What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

International Engine of the Year Awards 2013

Tomas_90

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... f_the_Year
http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/14_18.php#1

Once again the EP6 BMW/PSA engine takes the prize in the 1.4 to 1.8 liter class! They have won every year since 2007! :clap:

1st place: BMW/PSA engine (317 points)
2nd place: VW 1.8 liter TFSI (231 points)
3rd place: Ford/Volvo/Mazda 1.6 liter turbo (145 points)
4th place: Toyota/Lexus 1.8-litre electric-petrol hybrid (127 points)
5th place: Mercedes-Benz 1.6-litre turbo (102 points)
6th place: Volkswagen 1.6-litre TDI (101 points)

A

Anonymous

That really surprises me really.....Was never a fan of the THP engine. Too small for a car the weight and size of a rcz and on idle it sounds like a tractor.

May its a great engine in smaller cars though :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

U wonder who votes for these awards the 335i engine in my last car won engine of the year twice. Didn't stop mine disintegrating inside 3 months and many more on the bimmer forums did likewise.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
That really surprises me really.....Was never a fan of the THP engine. Too small for a car the weight and size of a rcz and on idle it sounds like a tractor.
Well it doesn't really work like that. It's the efficiency and effectiveness in it. And the RCZ isn't the only car that use this engine nautrally.

It's high-tech stuff that engine.

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
jassyo06 said:
Well it doesn't really work like that. It's the efficiency and effectiveness in it. And the RCZ isn't the only car that use this engine nautrally.

It's high-tech stuff that engine.

Efficiency does that fuel efficiency :eusa-think: If so yes i would agree :) .
Effectiveness What does that mean in a engine :eusa-think: :)

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Well bhp/liter displacement for example.

The EP6 has 123.6 bhp/liter which is among the leading figures, atleast used to be. Everyone else is slowly catching up nowadays. Mercedes are in the lead on that front with the 2.0 liter 350 bhp engine in the to-be-released A-series AMG.

But heck what do i know. I don't make these tests so god knows what they base them on. Atleast "we" won something so i'm happy with that! ;)

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
Why break a winning streak? We won again this year!! :D Despite the quirks, the 1.6L is one badass engine!

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/06/2014-e ... nners.html

The Body of Members of this Board that vote for these Awards...are as Bad FIFA.....CORRUPT :eusa-think:

I have been lucky enough to have had 3 cars with cracking engines. My Fiat Multijet 1.9 Diesel Engine,Honda FN2 engine,Ford 2.0 Ecoboost engine,All could wipe the Floor with the THP engine..just my personal opinion of course the same as everyone else