What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Insurance Database - CHECK IT

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Hopefully all of you have heard about Continuous Insurance that is now in place :helpme:

It is advisable to check that your car is registered on the Insurance Database.
If you're not on it, you have a very (very) high likelihood of activating ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Reader) Equipment :law-policered:

The check is quick and easy:

http://www.askmid.com

This is taken from the Website:
"The law on motor insurance has changed.
If you own a vehicle and it is registered in your name then it must be insured at all times.
If you don't want to use the vehicle, then you must contact the DVLA to declare the vehicle "off road".
There are penalties for not having a valid insurance policy, and if your policy does not appear on the Motor Insurance Database (MID) you can expect to receive a warning letter in the post, followed by a fixed penalty fine."

Checked mine and got the Green Tick and a big YES :thumbup:
Also, the correct vehicle specification came up: Peugeot RCZ GT HDI :clap:

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Why would anybody pay £3.75 to check they are on the data base? All you need do if you are (for some strange reason) unsure is check your insurance documents. If by some quirk of fate you do trip one of these things and get a letter, then all you need to do is supply prove of your cover.

A

Anonymous

Hi Ron,

The check is free.
You just enter your vehicle registration number and hopefully you receive the favourable response.

It's the first, top box - with the Green Quotation Box "thingy".

(It's £3.75 if you wish to check someone else's Insurance Status i.e. if you've had an accident with someone, etc).

You will be surprised by how many people are pulled over and have a "tough time" proving that they have the appropriate (valid) insurance.

The bottom line is that if the Cop isn't satisfied, or s/he can't get through to whom you claim you have Insurance with, your car WILL be seized.

My view is better to take 30 seconds and check and have peace of mind - or sort it out if you receive an adverse response - in the comfort of your own home, than arguing with a Cop on the side of the road.

Hope this provides a little more background :beer:

A

Anonymous

Mine just came up as insured and as a peugeot RCZ. Nothing about sport, GT colour or anything else. Didn't want to pay to be told that I was insured though. But I do take on board your valid comments

A

Anonymous

just checked mine took 15secs if that and all ok :clap:

thanks very much :thumbup: :thumbup: even came back as 200 (sport).

A

Anonymous

Mine is ok, and it came back saying tha Opal is the best colour.
Obviously this system know's what it is talking about. :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Liar liar pants are on fire

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:

Funny that, it showed my pearl white and said Opal White is soooooooooooooooooooo last year :lol:

GT RCZ

Reaction score
I am pleased to say that my car showed up as being insured and the correct spec GT 200.

Its just a pity Peugeot customer page shows it as a sport!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
I am pleased to say that my car showed up as being insured and the correct spec GT 200.

Its just a pity Peugeot customer page shows it as a sport!!!!!!!!!

I still cannot believe peugeot thinks yours is a Sport.

Thats saying at one point they thought my car was an import i was like WTF

A

Anonymous

Everyone should check MID, as your details generally will have been loaded by an Insurance Company dont assume they have loaded the correct Reg No, if they have not, you will have aggravation with the Police if stopped (already previosly mentioned )or worse when letters start to be sent to owners who do not comply with CIE, they dont even need to move from their desk , the letters will be generated by computer when all the boxes are not ticked.A fine will follow if you dont comply.
Best to avoid the aggravation in the first place.