What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Inner roof lining removal

Bas

Reaction score
I'd like to get more daylight into the cabin of my gorgeous RCZ. Since getting the car in April I've found the otherwise lovely cabin slightly dark, and even more so now with the shorter daylight hours. Would it be possible to remove all or part of the roof lining? Has anyone tried it? Seems a shame they covered fabulous RCZ roof so it can't be enjoyed from the inside when driving. I have a 2004 Smart Brabus which is a joy to drive thanks to its panoramic glass roof.

2retro

Reaction score
It's not a glass roof on the RCZ though so not sure how removing the premium roof lining will help in any way... 🤔

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not glass. I'd imagine removing the headliner would probably introduce more noise.

Pedro

Reaction score
I was amazed when I bought my 200GT over 4 years ago when driving it home from the garage we got stopped in traffic under a tree in heavy rain & the leaves sounded like golf balls hitting the roof there must be hardly any padding or sound proofing in the liner to make that much noise

Pedro

Reaction score
Your undertaking a major job dismantling the roof structure if its plausible you need to virtually remove the top off the car incl windscreen & rear window etc
I suspect the cost's would be eye opening against the value of the car once completed

Attachments

• Captur roo f 2.PNG
    Captur roo f 2.PNG
    162.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture roof 3.PNG
    Capture roof 3.PNG
    187.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture roof 4.PNG
    Capture roof 4.PNG
    274.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Bas

Bas

Reaction score
Your undertaking a major job dismantling the roof structure if its plausible you need to virtually remove the top off the car incl windscreen & rear window etc
I suspect the cost's would be eye opening against the value of the car once completed
Wow! I'll have to have a rethink! I thought it might be possible just to remove some/all the headlining.

Pedro

Reaction score
Pity they never put it into production as a limited edition but would it cost more than the "R"? Looking at it another way perhaps this could have been badged as an "R" variant but with hefty wedge of a price making it subscription only orders

Reactions: Bas

Bas

Reaction score
Pity they never put it into production as a limited edition but would it cost more than the "R"? Looking at it another way perhaps this could have been badged as an "R" variant but with hefty wedge of a price making it subscription only orders

Bas

Reaction score
If only they'd have made the RCZ with its sensational double-bubble roof, without the headlining...driving with light flooding into the cabin, the world on view above you...Aaaah! 😊