What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Injector clamp broken

RCZKENT

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I had to call the AA out this morning when my diesel RCZ lost power and started to smoke under the bonnet, turns out I have a broken injector clamp on cylinder 4. Has anyone had this problem and can tell me what the likely causes are? AA guy says it can just happen, and is a problem with other manufacturers, but not a know Peugeot issue. I will be inspecting later, but just want a heads up on what to be looking out for. Also, I know that I will need to replace the injector seals, is there anything else that will need replacing (assuming injector is ok)? Do the injector clamps use stretch bolts? Thanks in advance for your advise.

Attachments

• 16972933515451101567874.jpg
    16972933515451101567874.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 13

Pedro

Reaction score
Its amazing what a worn engine mount will do as in vibrations unusual movements or in your case maybe it was damaged fractured previously or even had metal fatigue ?

RCZKENT

Reaction score
Its amazing what a worn engine mount will do as in vibrations unusual movements or in your case maybe it was damaged fractured previously or even had metal fatigue ?
Ok, I was more interested to see if there were any inherent faults that caused this?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Not heard of any other rcz hdi with that problem or any other models with the same Hdi engine in..

RCZKENT

Reaction score
Well, taken the injector out today and all is good, I was worried that the injecter had come apart and caused the damaged to the clamp. Maybe it was over torqued, although not touched since I've owned it. Can anybody give me the correct torque for the clamp bolts and tell me if these are stretch bolts?

Pedro

Reaction score
Yea its been torqued to death & with a lot of cast metal engine parts its one to be wary of as you have unfortunately found out the bolts have to be renewed as per the spec for theses engines anyway as they are termed as stretch bolts I don't know torque settings on the diesel but I did hear on some engines the 8v clamps were more robust then the 16v ?

RCZKENT

Reaction score
Mine is as diesel, as mentioned in the post, so 16v or 8v is not relevant to my engine. Any one know the torque for the injector clamps?