What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Induction or Panel on R

niggy0

Reaction score
I was just wondering about a panel filter upgrade to my R when i decided to look under the bonnet to check ease of fitment and condition of existing one etc.

this was when i noticed how small a diameter and how many twists the air has to take etc to get to the filter box.
Now usually i am not an induction fan as engine heat etc is an enemy of the air filter, but i just cannot see how the twists iand small diameter piping are any good for the air flow, nor how a conical filter would actually be detrimental in this engine layout.

So has anybody done any succsesfull mods in this area or am i looking at the layout wrong?

any advice or pointers would be helpfull

nige

Flanners

Reaction score
waste of time imo what you looking for is almost negligible or no difference in performance for ££££s' on it's own, I stuck a panel filter in it and reckon that was pretty pointless too. Warranty issues would stop me doing anything else and at nigh on 270bhp in a 1.6 I think the R has plenty. Seen loads of cones on when I went on FB with the RCZ massive; most with no enclosed direct feed so as you say massive heat soak etc and probably a drop in performance.

Have other cars with induction systems I have had fitted remapped, supercharged etc. maybe it helped....not sure. A nicer intake noise for sure.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I'd rather go with a nice and safe remap on the rollers. Up to 280 horses and about 280 lb ft. And do not touch the output characteristics of that engine in the higher revs. Optimize the mid range.
The results would transform the car beyond any intake/exhaust tweaking.

Marmite

Reaction score
Maybe I was unlucky I had mine done an it developed a water leak around the main bearing where the water jacket is so I had it put back to stock an had the turbo rebuilt at midland turbo an again when a rubber seal broke up where the induction pipe joins the turbo an took the tips of the impeller, so in my opinion I’d leave well alone . Mines running fine now .
An yes it did have more mid range with remapping if that’s what you want to do
Good luck

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
panel is just fine, it does its job

but if you want to push your car to the limits then you have to go for an induction kit
rcz r bimota edition with 300hp from factory looks like this

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Theres a company called Gt intake selling an intake for the 308 gti and rcz r, seen the gains and the testing they done

Pedro

Reaction score
If your going down this route change the air intake hoses for forge silicon type these apparently cause less drag when the air is being sucked in to the filter