What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

increase engine idle rpm

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I know, on new modern injection engines it is no longer possible to adjust the idle rpm like on old carburetor engines.
My RCZ sounds much better when the engine is cold an the idle rpm is at 1200. Some seconds later the rpm goes down to 750 and the sound of the the exhaust is boring. :thumbdown:

Is there any possibility to increase the idle rpm to 1200 even when the engine is warm. :eusa-think:

Many thanks in advance

stagger321

Reaction score
RCZ S-S said:
Hello,

I know, on new modern injection engines it is no longer possible to adjust the idle rpm like on old carburetor engines.
My RCZ sounds much better when the engine is cold an the idle rpm is at 1200. Some seconds later the rpm goes down to 750 and the sound of the the exhaust is boring. :thumbdown:

Is there any possibility to increase the idle rpm to 1200 even when the engine is warm. :eusa-think:

Many thanks in advance
So let me get this right - you want to burn more fuel - ongoing - to get an exhaust note that you are happy with?? :crazy:
RCZ-Performances' proposal is far more sensible and, in the long run, more economical.
Plus you would end up with an RCZ with symmetrical exhaust pipes (as the original design should have been IMHO).
Its a win - win, and no btw, I am not on commission. ;)