What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

in for 1000 mile checkup

VASS

Reaction score
Well she's in and I'm like an expectant mother,...

But, they appear to have given me a 308CC in black as a courtesy car, its brand new! :)

Very RCZ looking from both inside and the front half

Missing half the finish (Leather) and toys (bluetooth, ipod etc) but its very nice all the same

A

Anonymous

Hi Vass you lucky sod a drop-top on a day like today sweet! Anyway what's the 1000 mile cheack up all about iv never had that on a new car befor do you have to pay for it? :cool:

VASS

Reaction score
Peugeots "we'll just give it a check FOC after 1000 miles" service

BUT! got my RCZ back just now and I delivered it sparkling clean, its been returned Dusty and not even the carpets hoovered.

Nissan did this every time the car was in. Was I spoilt or has my dealer slipped up this time ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I always ask the dealer not to clean it when it goes in for a service or anything. They add scratches, swirls and all sort of nasty marks to your paintwork. They use sponges and chamois leathers.....................they never learn !

A

Anonymous

VASS said:
Peugeots "we'll just give it a check FOC after 1000 miles" service

BUT! got my RCZ back just now and I delivered it sparkling clean, its been returned Dusty and not even the carpets hoovered.

Nissan did this every time the car was in. Was I spoilt or has my dealer slipped up this time ?

They slipped up mate, my dealer has always returned my cars sparkling (ok not hoovered but washed and alloys cleaned).

A

Anonymous

I'm with RCZ1 on this one. I specifically request for them not to clean the car. I was just reading on a VW forum that some guy asked for his car not to cleaned only to find they did clean it. His compensation after kicking up a fuss was £250 to pay for the car to be professionally detailed. They can and do make a real mess in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

I agree,

My RCZ went in for it's 1000 mile service last a week, the night before, I cleaned it to within an inch of it's life.
When I droped the car of I told them "what ever you do , don't wash my car, it dos'nt need it" :!: , the woman behined the service desk said " alot of people prefer it that way, no problem"

The car came back in one piece, and I washed it again when I got home :roll: (just to check it over, it's the best way to find scratches etc) ;)

A

Anonymous

hi my wife took the car in for its 1000mile check friday and they did it while she waited she was there 30 mins i think they just check for leaks etc there was no mention of leaving it there for the day