What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ignition coils

A

Anonymous

Hello guys,
I have error code P1336/P1338 on cylinder 2. I think thats by ignition coil. One was repleced under guarantee year ago. Which are 'original' made for Rcz 200hp? I saw many brands. Thank you :)

A

Anonymous

Hi Fineasz

I replaced all 4 on mine from eurocarparts, Bosch ones at around 22 pound each, Peugeot want about 45 each if i remember

regards
Vince

thornebt

Reaction score
You can buy NGK U5055 ignition coils on Ebay for about £22.50 with Freepost (UK).

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for info.
I was in Peugeot for diagnostic and they said that it can be fuel pump and it cost about 450 GBP (in yours money). By the way I found used fuel pumps for 70 GBP but to 156HP. 200HP is different (Peugeot said). In my opinion it's strange cuz car has only 3 years and fault is only on cylinder number 2 not at all. One year ago ignition coil was changed by previous owner. I will change this ignition and will see what's next. :eusa-think:

thornebt

Reaction score
The fault codes idenrtify the fault as being caused by "wiring, ignition/fuel system". That covers a fair range of possibilities. I'm sure I had this error code and after Peugeot changed spark plugs, two ignition coils and flushed my fuel system they eventually replaced the high pressure fuel pump under warranty. Apparently the fuel pressure was about 5psi when it should have been 50psi. Why they didn't carry out the pressure check at the start is a mystery to me - before wasting effort and expense on replacing parts that didn't need replacement.