What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I lov my Rcz apart from the fault any suggestions??

A

Anonymous

:helpme: hi I'm a new user:
My car starts ok and drives then when I turn it off and try to start it again it then won't start! :helpme:
It seems to do it when it's warm.
It then does not recognise the key and horn and wipers then don't work!
Disconnected the battery and left for couple a hours- connected battery then it reconises the key and starts

It's a 2010 plate 1.6 turbo any suggestions ??

renegade79

Reaction score
Dodgy electrics?? Maybe. Some members have had water get into the boot locking mechanism and its screwed up the electrics on the car causing all sorts of electric gremlins. Might be a good place to start.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It might be the HP fuel pump. This can be a cause of difficulty in starting when the engine is warm, and it is not uncommon on Z's, especially Mk1's.

The electrical issues could be connected to the car draining the battery when attempting to start with insufficient fuel pressure. This is a possibility, especially if it still has the original battery.

If it is the High Pressure Fuel Pump, and it is left, it will deteriorate over time, and eventually cause engine management error messages, and the car entering limp mode, or failing to start completely.

I am not a mechanic, but I know that the above has applied to several members of this forum.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
We just had our fuel pump fail, and ours is a 2011... Little odd.. But yeah.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk