What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to tell if you have a revised timing chain tensioner

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, read recently questions about how do I know if I have a revised timing chain tensioner fitted? Below is a photo of three tensioners the first one is the original with just a hex head the other two are revised items which are ok . It's a bit tricky to locate where this is but all you can see of it on your engine is the head of the tensioner obviously on the cam chain side of the motor about a third of the way down and more to the front of the engine.
It's still possible to have a knackered chain though even if a new tensioner has been fitted!
Hope this helps :thumbup:

drdino

Reaction score
Are the second and the third one interchangeable? Which dimension is the 25mil one?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
drdino said:
Are the second and the third one interchangeable? Which dimension is the 25mil one?
Hi I would have thought so as they fit into the same housing looks like the thread size are the same.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
drdino said:

Is it not the depth of thread the difference looking at 2 and 3. If this is the case then, NO.

1 and 2 have 20mm thread depth, 3 has 25mm depth, therefore threading only to 20mm will leave 5mm difference.

Don't interchange and risk damage without thoroughly checking with your dealer ( not that dealer! ).

good thread though.... get it... thread... oh never mind. :crazy:

:beer: