What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to remove ugly vinyl

Lenny2024

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I recently bought a 2011 1.6 THP. It looks and runs great, except for an ugly strip of vinyl that runs all the way from the spoiler to just above the front badge. It’s in poor taste and it seems like it’s a cheap wrap, cause it’s all cracked and faded. I assume if I remove it, there will be a big difference between the paint under it and the rest of the car. That being said, what would be the best course of action here. Should I just save money to repaint the whole car? Should I take it off and apply another wrap?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
If it hasn't been on very long, I'm sure the paint underneath will be fine. It might be less swirled up than the surrounding paint, but a decent polish could solve that.

On the other hand, if it has been on for pretty much the entire life of the car, there could be a slight difference.

Unless you're very attached to the car I wouldn't chuck money at repainting. Over here a decent full respray could be thousands, unless prices are better in your country.

RCZKam

Reaction score
Take off a small section in a less visible area and see the colour difference if any, as mentioned above a polish might resolve it

If there is a paint difference then another option rather than painting the whole car is to get it wrapped, a lot cheaper than paint and you can have whatever you want

Obviously the above is the higher end of solutions

The cheapest (if there is paint fade) is to get that section wrapped, you might end up with another stripe but one to your taste

See how it is underneath first

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on the colour of the car some paints discolour worse than others the pearls are worst