What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to change side indicator bulb

Abbaz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Who do you change the side indicator bulb on a peugeot RCZ? The ones in the side mirrors. I can't seem to get it out with a credit card or a screw driver.

Abbaz

Reaction score
So it is not possible with anything but plastic "prong trim removal tools"? I am a bit scared to break something if I try harder with my screwdriver.

Pedro

Reaction score
They are held in by strong spring clips I gently worked a plastic trim tool under the cover & a very thin bladed screw driver at the rear of the cover to release the pressure on the clips eventually they just pop out when replacing them I cleaned out all the dirt & lightly sprayed white grease around the light fitting before putting them back just in case they need to come out in the future

2retro

Reaction score
Perseverance and swearing worked for me... 🤔

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
You do have to put quite a bit of pressure under them for them to pop out but using a screwdriver is asking for trouble you’ve got a good chance of damaging your paintwork.

Abbaz

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys.. I will try to find some plastic tools and give it another try, otherwise I must go to a professional.

Thanks for the swearing tip ;)

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys.. I will try to find some plastic tools and give it another try, otherwise I must go to a professional.

Thanks for the swearing tip ;)
If your unsure use Masking Tape as I did but only use a screwdriver if needed very carefully on the housing at the rear once the unit starts to ease its way out don't use it as a prying tool as it will cause scratches as Neil's post pointed out

Woodso

Reaction score
I have just ordered some, which are due to be delivered tomorrow. As a retired electrician, I have loads of tools available to me but knowledge is king. Any advice on how to extract the old units without causing any damage would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to use a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just ordered some, which are due to be delivered tomorrow. As a retired electrician, I have loads of tools available to me but knowledge is king. Any advice on how to extract the old units without causing any damage would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to use a sledge hammer to crack a nut.
Just push a plastic trim removal tool underneath and directly central to the light and pop out as previously stated they can be stubborn to pop out and it may be prudent to protect the paintwork.