What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How much should I have to pay for front brake pads?

misterx

Reaction score
Garage says they are 90% worn and recommends replacement at a cost of about £1350.
For an RCZ R.
I am out of touch, is that a fair price?

indoldn

Reaction score

misterx

Reaction score
Thanks for comments. Here is the actual text from the "health check" they emailed me.

We have measured your front brake pads and found them to be 90% worn with only 1mm of material left until you reach the manufacturers minimum thickness.

£1,351.22 is the quoted price. I have got back to them and it transpires that the cost is for discs AND pads so it was a very badly worded email.

Last disk replacement was 50,000 miles ago and I am now told the wear is 75% on disks. I am going to take a chance there is another 15,000 miles of life in them. and just get the pads changed at next service as they are indeed down to the last 10%, Next service due in 3,000 miles or so. Cost quoted of about £130 for the pads.

In 15,000 miles time another service falls due so I can get new disks at that time, if the car is still running given the mileage now is 153,000.

indoldn

Reaction score
Thanks for comments. Here is the actual text from the "health check" they emailed me.

We have measured your front brake pads and found them to be 90% worn with only 1mm of material left until you reach the manufacturers minimum thickness.

£1,351.22 is the quoted price. I have got back to them and it transpires that the cost is for discs AND pads so it was a very badly worded email.

Last disk replacement was 50,000 miles ago and I am now told the wear is 75% on disks. I am going to take a chance there is another 15,000 miles of life in them. and just get the pads changed at next service as they are indeed down to the last 10%, Next service due in 3,000 miles or so. Cost quoted of about £130 for the pads.

In 15,000 miles time another service falls due so I can get new disks at that time, if the car is still running given the mileage now is 153,000.
Yours must be the most driven one in the UK. Good going to have 153k miles!

Flanners

Reaction score
Get the discs from Fish Bros Dealership £670 del and a set of pads between £50-200. With you or an independent to fit.

For info Peugeot usually charge circa £300 for front pads. They are OE TRW and these can be found for sub £100 or use another make, the Alcon brakes on the front of the RCZR are the same as fitted to the rear of high performance Jags so there are a fair few pad choices Textar are used OE Porsche and Merc etc and they are circa £60 a set for the RCZR; 208R and RCZR owner's have used and no issues like the OE TRW they have a fair bit of dust.

Forget Robins and Day Maidstone's pricing but to be fair some Dealerships have and do charge £1800 for discs and pads.

Flanners

Reaction score
reckon it will go for another 100K at least...if it is the original turbo that is truly fantastic for such a small capacity engine with such relative big power, praise to Peugeot Sport. Wonder what OE base boost pressure is?