What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How Much Per Month?

A

Anonymous

Hello

I'm new here and this is my first post,I hope you don't find it too intrusive.

I'm looking to place an order in a the next month or so,I have seen what I think is a good offer,£3300 deposit,£299pm for 36 months on a RCZ 156 sport.

I just wondered if it really is a good deal and for those of you who pay monthly,what you pay.

Thanks

Dan

A

Anonymous

Dan,

You need to be a bit more specific so people can see if its a good quote.

With the details you have already given the package cant be an outright hire purchase so is it a Passport deal ( 3 year PCP )? , if so what is the allowed miles per annum on the quote? or Is it some form of contract hire - i.e are the payments plus VAT?

What if any options does the car have in it?

There are a number of bits of info needed to check if its a good deal.

regards

Marcus

VASS

Reaction score
at the end of the term you've only paid approx £ 14,400 on a circa £ 25k car

So either, there is a balloon or its a rental with limited mileage?

More info please :)

A

Anonymous

Hi Dan

I put down a 5K deposit, paying 270 pounds/mth for 36 mths. 10K to pay off after 3years. 156 sport. Mileage was quoted as 10,000/year but that is irrelevant as I'm keeping it and paying the 10K after 3years - I think the mileage is only important if you intend to give it back after 3 years. I'm not sure if that is a good deal but to get a car as cool and beautiful as an RCZ it seemed not too bad.

Cheers
Scarlet

A

Anonymous

Sorry,It's a pcp deal with a mileage of 8000 a year which may not seem a lot but its about 2000 more than I currently do to be on the safe side.

A

Anonymous

I've never done a PCP so I'm no expert, but there's an ad link on the forum for a lease deal on a 156 Sport

£279+vat, 10k miles, 3+23 months

Obviously you won't own the car at the end of this, but you don't on the pcp until you pay the balloon payment.

A

Anonymous

Maf said:
Obviously you won't own the car at the end of this, but you don't on the pcp until you pay the balloon payment.

At the end of the PCP you do have a few options available. If you love the car and want to keep it you simply pay the ballon. If you want a new car you can part exchange it and if the car is worth more than the final ballon you can use that equity against the new deal , if its worth less than the final ballon you give the car back to the finance company.

At the end of a lease/contract hire you just give it back regardless.

Also dont forget the payments on lease/contract hire are plus VAT so they will increase in January when the VAT rate rises to 20% , some people dont realise this applies even on pre existing contracts.

regards

Marcus

RCZ1

Reaction score
Does PCP include servicing / tyres, etc? It seems an awful lot of money to be paying out each month, even more so if it doesn't include things like tyres.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Does PCP include servicing / tyres, etc? It seems an awful lot of money to be paying out each month, even more so if it doesn't include things like tyres.

No it doesnt include servicing or tyres, it is simply designed to allow someone to get more car for a lower monthly payment than conventional finance. Using the op's figures as a rough start point conventional outright purchase finance (HP) would probably be £550+ per month over 3 years and still be mid to high £300's over 5 years.