What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How much it cost to replace a rear windscreen

A

Anonymous

I am just wondering when a mate of mine had a cracked front windscreen and having to get it replaced (it cracked without any chip before hand a stone from a lorry cracked it)

I thought I bet the RCZ rear windscreen would cost a lot to replace and i can imagine i am right but I cannot find any figure on the cost of one and I do not want to find out 1st hand by getting mine broken.

I am guessing it is around 800 pounds but that is me guessing.

How much is it or how much do you think it costs

**EDIT**

I do not mean with the use of insurance I mean by if myself or other paid out of there own wallet (or purse)

and if mine did break I would likely get the insurance involved unless it the insurance cost rise outweighed the price of the windscreen

A

Anonymous

sure i seen a post on the forum saying around 2k !!!! :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Glass excess is about 50 - 100 quid on most insurance policies so that should about cover it if you have decent insurance.

A

Anonymous

Just pay windscreen excess and leave insurance company pay the rest, afterall thats what insurance is for. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

00008744HP REAR WINDOW 2,111.94 GBP 2,534.33 GBP 2,534.33 GBP from service box.

A

Anonymous

I called the windscreen repairer used by most insurance companies today to order a relacement for my windscreen and the guy laughed and said just as well it wasnt the rear as that would be about £4.5k

A

Anonymous

Windscreen was about £360 quid.
I had mine done by a man in the industry . Obviously I just paid the XS.

A

Anonymous

Who needs kids when we have a beautiful car to lavish money on!

A

Anonymous

karmagirl said:
Who needs kids when we have a beautiful car to lavish money on!
I've got an RCZ GT and 3 kids!!!
Not forgetting a beautiful wife.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342730611.920596.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342730611.920596.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 5,347
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342730760.673929.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342730760.673929.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 5,348
A

Anonymous

I have a spare RCZ rear window available......you can have it for £900 including FITTED plus vat.