What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

hot leather

A

Anonymous

i find that after parking in the sun for a while, the leather and most other parts of the cab is very hot, cant bee very good for the leather? problem now solved with two £1.00 sun reflector panels from a pound store. :dance:

A

Anonymous

Bee,
This is without any doubt the warmest car i have ever owned, even on a "normal" day the cabin is warm. Like you say it can't be good for all the leather. I've even noticed that when i first turn on the blowers they always produce warm air, then after about 5 mins the air reduces to luke warm, but never cool air, unless the AC is on.
I'm sure this is a fault ? Warm air blowing through the vents even when the dial is on low !
Yet some members say no and this is normal. Well it's the first car i've had that does it.

Getting back to the leather, you must make sure that you "feed" it to keep it soft, even more so when you cabin is like a furnace.
I use Megiures leather cleaner and preserver once a month, wipe on and buff of, easy.
It will help stop "shine" and stops cracks developing by re-nourishing the leather . :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Agree - The RCZ is HOT in more ways than 1 :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

cheers for the megiures tip. im sure my previous car 308cc blew cold air out on the cold setting without the air con on.

A

Anonymous

Bee, all my previous cars blew out cool air from the vents when set to low without the AC, but not this RCZ !!

A

Anonymous

I have to say the RCZ is the coolest car inside that I have ever owned and I have not needed to have the air on as often either to cool it or demist it, no idea why though :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

i have the aircon on most of the time or windows open.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
i find that after parking in the sun for a while, the leather and most other parts of the cab is very hot, cant bee very good for the leather? problem now solved with two £1.00 sun reflector panels from a pound store. :dance:
I've had leather seats in the last 3 cars (over 12 years) in Australia's hot sun (40 degrees C + some days) and never had them damaged by the heat. The important thing is to minimise the amount of direct sunlight on the leather. I've always had the windows tinted and in the summer I always place a sunblock screen on the inside of the windscreen when I park in the sun which blocks the direct sun and keeps the inside temperature down. It also prevents burns when touching the steering wheel and when sitting on the hot leather seats while wearing shorts. Even then, the inside air temperature can still reach 70 degrees C after about 20 minutes but it's still better than the 90+ surface temps when the sun shines directly on the black leather.

This car doesn't yet have tinted side windows and it's my first with a leather dash so I'll be getting the windows tinted as summer approaches and ensuring my front sun blocker fits snugly to prevent any sun from hitting the dash.