What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hopefully a newbie!!

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I've loved the RCZ since I first saw it and I am now at the stage of buying one!! Very excited! I have a couple of options available to me in terms of colour etc. The one that I am currently interested in is dolphin blue in colour and has white leather seats - I was wondering if anyone could comment on how practical white leather is or how easy it is to keep them looking good. The white leather looks great but I am a bit worried about the colour long term. Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

A very excited nearly newbie!

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:
I have no personnel experience of white leather, however I can imagine that it looks damn good on a flipper (Dolphin Blue.) What other spec. is it?

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid that I don't have that colour of leather trim but I love my Dolphin Blue and am sure that you will too. Looks different shades in different lights and when the metallic flakes sparkle in the sun...wow!! Great choice. My understanding is that the lighter leathers can be easily treated to prevent them becoming scuffed or tainted. Anyway, welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your progression towards ownership!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Nice choice of car if I may say so lol

With regards to the white leather and keeping it clean. If you use a leather cleaner regularly, say fortnightly and a protectant every 3 months, you seats should stay clean and protected. They can sometimes pick up the dye from jeans but if you follow a cleaning routine as I stated, the leather cleaner will remove it. I always use Furniture Clinic for this. It may be expensive compared to others on the market but I firmly believe you get what you pay for with a leather cleaner. It won't add a shine to the leather, that's a real no no. It will maintain the natural finish that it's supposed to. I'm just getting to the end of my cleaner bottle and I've had it for 2 years and it's used every week (on both our cars).
http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Care_Kit.php

I have ivory leather in mine and never had problems with them getting dirty. They still look brand new.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all, really appreciate it! It's a 156 GT and it does look amazing!

RCZ1 thanks for the great advice, your seats look fab and as you said look as good as new!

Hopefully speaking to the dealer tomorrow to sort things out.

A

Anonymous

Hi
I got my RCZ about a month ago and it's in amber red with cream leather seats. Early days yet but i've cleaned the seats every 2 weeks with a cleaner that the dealer supplied. They look fantastic and much more classy than the black leather seats. Whether they will stand the test of time who knows but I,m determined to do my bit to keep them looking good :D

Regards
Richard

A

Anonymous

Good luck with the dealer Gem, its a fantastic car to own and drive so hope it goes your way. Welcome to the forum and be sure to post up some pics with your success :smile:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

I had lemon leather almost white in a bimmer and I'm sorry but i ain't ever buying a car with light coloured leather again. It looks great but i was never done cleaning it :thumbdown: :text-welcomewave:

A

Anonymous

My partners son had white leather seats in his Mercedes slk you could see where he had sat as dye from his jeans had transferred to the seat.

My other half told him to try some leather cleaner. He got some from the pound shop, would you believe anyways came up beautiful so I think if you don't mind the regular cleaning regime they will be fine.

A

Anonymous

Welcome to you both im a newbie to and its a great forum i have learned lots since joining and if i had a queery it was always answered :clap:

A

Anonymous

Hi Gem
Don't keep us all in suspense !!!! Did ya get one ???:grin:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2