What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

High Running Temp

WillGee

Reaction score
I did put something about this on the Forum not so long ago, but it's something that still concerns me. I have only recently purchased my RCZ, petrol 1.6T, but it seems that every time I drive the car it runs very hot. The temp needle quickly gets to the middle position of the temp gauge and thankfully stays there, but every time I stop and get out of the car the fan runs for quite a while. Also when I want to check the coolant level at the garage I can't open the cap as it seems like it almost boiling. This happens even after a short drive. The fact that the temp gauge doesn't rise about the centre position is somewhat comforting, but also wonder if this is, in fact, working properly as there's no doubt that the car runs very hot.

Pedro

Reaction score
Check heater & Air Con for normal operation the fan is triggered by the ECU to stop the Engine overheating so you may possibly have a slightly sticking thermostat but If you thrash these Engines from cold the fan will operate so about the expansion tank cap being tight that is caused by the Vacuum of air pressure in the system If water temp is showing normal & coolant level is static then its a misnomer until a fault is triggered on the dash

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The RCZ runs with the temp gauge firmly planted smack in the middle, it also gets there quite quickly. I’ve always had the cooling fan running on after parking, it does it for a few minutes at the most, usually much less depending on the ambient temperature.
If you don’t have any running issues or an EML it’s not a problem.

Unicorn

Reaction score
I did put something about this on the Forum not so long ago, but it's something that still concerns me. I have only recently purchased my RCZ, petrol 1.6T, but it seems that every time I drive the car it runs very hot. The temp needle quickly gets to the middle position of the temp gauge and thankfully stays there, but every time I stop and get out of the car the fan runs for quite a while. Also when I want to check the coolant level at the garage I can't open the cap as it seems like it almost boiling. This happens even after a short drive. The fact that the temp gauge doesn't rise about the centre position is somewhat comforting, but also wonder if this is, in fact, working properly as there's no doubt that the car runs very hot.
HI Will.
My RCZ heats up fairly quickly as well, operating temperature, which isn't a bad thing. I've an AUTEL OBD scan tool and coolant temp stays constant at just above 90°C. Once I turn off, the fan does run on for awhile longer. I wouldn't be concerned, just as long as the engine isn't using any coolant. Cheers.