What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HID Xenon Fog Lights

Do you want to convert your Fog Lights to HID Xenon and if so what colour?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• 6000K (White Light with touch of Blue)

• 8000K (White Light with a noticeable Blue Hue)

• 10000K (White/Blue Light with a touch of Purple)

• Self Install

• You need someone else to install the kit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
ONLY answer YES if you are serious about buying a conversion kit as I am seeing if I can do a group buy from my distributor to offer a better price than I currently do on my website. Currently I sell these kits for £85.99 per-kit (any colour range, shipped, includes VAT). Just like any group buy, the more we get to buy, the lower the price.

If you are not interested, you can either say NO or not vote at all.

The kit is easy to install. The hardest part is getting to the fog lights within the wheel-well. The ballast goes between the factory wiring and the new HID bulb. You then secure the bulb in the lens. Using the provided mounting kit, you secure the ballast. If you can get to the fog lights, then you can install it. If not, really any mechanic could do this for you, trust me. I did mine under an hour. So I have asked the question if you can install yourself or need it installed (I don't want to put anyone off from doing this great upgrade just because they are not wanting to do the work themselves). But before you ask, I can't tell you how much it will cost to install the kit, this will be between you and your mechanic. But know that I want to help anyone out I can that owns an RCZ, especially those that want to personalize it, so I can provide installation instructions to you and/or your mechanic.

You have 3 selections to make. So please choose either YES or NO, the COLOUR you want, and INSTALL preference.

If you answer YES, please PM me with what colour and install preference you selected, as the Poll does not show me who voted and for what.

Once the Poll is over I will contact each of you with details.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Re: HID Fog Lights

Only if someone else was to fit them. Then I'd go for the 6000K. No way would I attempt it myself.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

OO58RON said:
Only if someone else was to fit them. Then I'd go for the 6000K. No way would I attempt it myself.

Good point and I can look into this as well. To be honest they are easy to do, the hardest part is getting to the fog lights. The ballast goes between the factory wiring and to the new bulb. Connect them up, install the bulbs in the lens, secure the ballasts (kit comes with brackets), and you are done.

So if you are interested in the conversion please vote. I will then see about the installation based upon that answer on the poll (just added).

A

Anonymous

Is it a plug and go kit ie you plug the OEM wired fitting plug into the ballast then the link from the ballast to another plug/bulb holder then fit and also how bright are they compared to the 6000k phillips hid bulbs you upgraded to?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

jassyo06 said:
Is it a plug and go kit ie you plug the OEM wired fitting plug into the ballast then the link from the ballast to another plug/bulb holder then fit and also how bright are they compared to the 6000k phillips hid bulbs you upgraded to?

Yes exactly that, easy install!

They look great with my Phillips 6000K, glad I made the change to HID on my Fog's. What really sold me on these was when I drove through the windy village roads, as soon as I turned on the fog lights I could see the sides of the road much better. This came really handy for the village I live in where there is a 90 degree turn with houses on both sides and a small curb for the narrow path. It is easy to curb a wheel at that point, but I can see those curbs easily now :thumbup:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
We're getting there slowly but surely. So far 3 people wanting to be in on this opportunity, thank you. Still got over a week to go so hopefully we can get a few more so that I can do a better price.

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
We're getting there slowly but surely. So far 3 people wanting to be in on this opportunity, thank you. Still got over a week to go so hopefully we can get a few more so that I can do a better price.
It does seem an expensive item for something that will be used so rarely, ie. When visibility is below 100m.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ-Performance said:
It does seem an expensive item for something that will be used so rarely, ie. When visibility is below 100m.

Ron, I see your point, I can only say that when you need good lighting then this is a well worth investment. As mentioned in my previous posts about upgrading my lights, it was necessary because of where I live. Also to me seeing yellow lights along with white ones is just wrong, and so changing the fog lights as well was for both reasons of having extra visibility and all white lights. I looked at this the same way as I do with the exhaust, you just got to balance the car out :thumbup:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Just a quick reminder:

If you answer YES, please PM me with what colour and install preference you selected, as the Poll does not show me who voted and for what.

Thanks and you will not be disappointed with this upgrade!

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Thanks for those that have voted, whether it is Yes or No.

Tomorrow is the last day of this poll.

For those that have voted YES, please send me a PM with the following information:

Colour Chosen
DIY or Mechanic Install

Thanks

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
This Group Buy is now over.

For those of you that have stated Yes to this group buy, please contact me via PM or email or via my website to let me know your details along with colour choice (6K, 8K, or 10K).

For those of you that have indicated you need assistance with this install, please let me know if you are one of those in your message as well. My goal is to provide or assist where possible to make sure you get this system installed.

Please contact me before Friday 18 May 2012 as I need to lock down the group price as soon as possible.

Thanks for your support

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Just a quick reminder to those that indicated they want or are interested in this conversion, there is still time to take advantage of some savings, so please do not hesitate to contact me. If you missed out on voting, but are interested in this conversion, you can contact me still as I am still able to get a discount price from my distributor for a little longer.

Here is a link to my sites lighting page for assistance:

http://rczperformance.com/Lighting.html

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for your support!

A

Anonymous

I would absolutely consider doing this but as far as I can see you still do not ship to Germany? Any chance of that changing soon?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
kkrcz said:
Please post instructions and photos.

Sorry no pictures but here are the instructions:

You will need:
- small screw driver
- 3mm allen key
- car jack and lug wrench (to remove the wheels if you do not have access to a lift)
- torch

1. Remove the wheel, so you will need to jack the car up (one side at a time).

2. Use the 3mm allen key to loosen the 2 screws that are attached to the plastic wheel arch housing to the bumper (under front bumper).

3. Carefully take out the 2 plastic studs using the small screw driver that are in close proximty to the 2 screws you have just taken out.

4. Work your way up from the bumper end of the wheel arch taking no more than 6 plastic studs out, 8 in total.

5. Using the small screw driver, pry open the wheel arch underneath the bumper, this only needs to pryed open to the middle of each wheel arch.

6. You can now pull back the plastic arch to reveal the foglamp.

7. Unclip the plug (time to use the torch to see what you are doing).

8. Turn the lamp holder anti-clockwise and remove the original bulb.

9. Install the new bulb and connect it and the original wiring harness to the ballast.

10. Test light for functionality. Make sure all connections are tight and secure.

11. Secure the ballast using the mounting bracket supplied.

12. Put the 2 screws back in first and restud from the bottom up, the plastic wheel arch housing does drop a little when the studs are taken out so apply pressure upwards when replacing the studs back in.

13. Put wheel back on.

14. Job done or repeat on other side.