What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi I'm thinking of converting

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I'm Tel from london.

I'm currently driving a BMW 125i M sport but I have a strange attraction to the exterior of RCZ. The only thing I'm not sure about is the front and the interior.

I took the 156 out for a short spin (auto) yesterday and it lacked punch. Does anyone know if the 200 is much different? going from a 3.0 litre to a 1.6 litre is giving me a bit of a panic I must admit ha ha. It's a shame they don't do a bigger engine

What are your pro's and cons with the RCZ?

A

Anonymous

Hi Tel. Welcome to the forum.

I'm driving the manual 200THP. My previous car was a 3.6 litre sedan and the two before that were 4 litre sedans (Australian models). I expected there would be a significant drop in performance but I've been pleasantly surprised. It's not a race car by any means but performance and torque are more than adequate. At highway speeds, passing in 6th gear is a breeze and the RCZ is very stable at all speeds and handles brilliantly in corners.

Having dropped engine size considerably from my previous models I don't have any issues with performance and don't really feel I've lost anything in the transition. I recommend taking the manual 200THP for a test drive and push it a little through the gears. I think you'll be quite surprised.

Cheers

RCZooM

A

Anonymous

Thanks.

I'll give it a try this week. Have you had any problems?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi

I've not personally driven the 200 (I have the 156) but by all accounts there is a significant difference in performance so go for that test drive and you will fall in love I'm sure :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I test drove 156 and 200 and bought the 200 as it flew. It has a nice sporty note to it as you push it through the gears.

I drove both models hard to the surprise of the salesman, funny he did not say much while sitting next to me on the test drives

Have fun test driving the 200 it was my choice.

PS I did not buy the one I drove, ordered a new one which has got one careful owner now the wife.

A

Anonymous

BMW125iOwner said:
Thanks.

I'll give it a try this week. Have you had any problems?
I haven't had any problems but then I haven't had mine long. A few people on here have had the odd issue but no more that you would expect from a new model. Most have had no problems at all.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to book myself in for another test drive

A

Anonymous

My other car is an Audi 3.0TFSi (the supercharged one) and I prefer my THP200 RCZ....such fun to drive and very punchy for a 1.6 !!!! I drove a 156 and the difference between the 200 is like night and day...thats not putting down the 156..it depends on your driving style