What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi from another new owner

A

Anonymous

Just wanted to say hi to my fellow owners. I've just bought a grey 156 manual from our sponsors Perrys in MK. I'm afraid even at my age it was love a first sight ! I havent taken delivery yet as I'm waitng for a cherished reg transfer, why do the DVLC take so long in an electronic world. I've owned lots of cars over the last 40 years but this has to be the best looking even beats the Triumph Stag I had in 1979!! Even my golf clubs and trolley fit ..........they wouldn't in a scirroco or a TT. My only worry is will it fit in my single garage.........does anyone know? From the mesurements I have 50mm clearance on both sides but in old money, 2 inches each side isn't much. I know size isn't everything but reversing out with wing mirrors folded scares me to death.Anyone else had the same problem? Regards JT :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave: A very warm and sincere welcome to another one afflicted with the RCZ Syndrome :beer: You are not the first and you will not be the last to recognise the beauty of this car. Our detailing queen (RCZ1) can tell you or should I say the scares on her week old door mirrors show testament to the perils of garaging your yet to be acquired pride and joy.

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem with the garage thing bit of a tight squeeze but you soon get used to it. Ive put a length of hydro matting along the wall to stop any doors hitting the brick. Not a night goes by when the cars not in garage. Lucky for me my boiler is in the garage so keeps the RCZ warm on winter nights :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Yes I understand your concerns over the garaging issue. I have a single garage. The initial opening is quite narrow then widens past that point. I have to fold the mirrors in when putting it in / reversing it out of the garage. It's not really a problem once you get used to it. It was just sheer lack of carelessness that I scraped one of mine when putting it in the garage one night. Not paying full attention, I forgot to fold the mirrors and "scrape" :thumbdown: You get used to the dimensions the more you do it. I also have some old car mats stuck on the wall so that I don't damage the doors when opening them.

Enjoy your RCZ when you get it and don't forget to post some pics :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I also have a single garage, to make it easier I had a half brick width removed from each side of the doorway, easy now, if you remember to turn the mirrors in!! when reversing out just turn the mirrors out just after they exit the door frame.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your welcome and comments, I guess ultra careful reversing is the order of the day. Whilst on can I than Jay from Perrys for all his help, particularly lugging my golf clubs and trolley to try the boot. Cant wait to pick up the car and get down to some serious enjoyment ie driving. After being a automatic owner for 20 years I'd forgotten what fun it can be using old fashioned gears. What do I do about Mrs T I mistakenly let her have a go on the test drive so she's talking about having her 'turn' driving.............when I had automatics she wasn't interested..........mmmmmmmmmm bit of a dilemma