What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi All

ropie

Reaction score
Just bought my first RCZ this week - a really clean diesel sport.

rcz.jpg

I wasn't familiar with the RCZ before buying one and now along with my daughter it is absolutely the apple of my eye (as we used to say!) I had been looking to buy a Yeti for camping trips, but as soon as I saw the RCZ I managed to convince myself I can still do the trips in a real car instead 😁 It would just be me and maybe one other person anyway, and the boot is huge - with the rear seats down and the front seats forward you can even just about lie down to sleep in the RCZ in an emergency (I know, I tested this)

Even though it has a few thousand miles until the next service I'm booked in for a full service and new brake discs all round at the local Peugeot stealership in a few weeks. From what I hear it's a very good idea to keep on top of the services to maintain the car in its best condition.

Just a couple of noob-ish questions while I'm here:

- The mpg calculator on my orange screen just seems to display random figures between 0 & 999 mpg - is this normal, or does it need fixing? Or is my driving style too erratic??

- I don't plan to do much to this car as I love it as it is, but maybe I would consider having the aluminium roof bars wrapped in black as they are a bit water marked. Any rough ideas on a UK price for this?

This is a nice looking forum, thanks for having me! And I'm planning to get some better shots of the car when I'm out next week so I'll post them then.

Last edited:

Lanciaman

Reaction score
I would think you have the mpg display on instant rather than average mpg? Press the button at the end of the right hand column stalk to play around with it.

Lovely looking car!

ropie

Reaction score
I found a better angle - a little rotation to the wheels helps too, but it's quite difficult to capture the impact the styling makes in the flesh.

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-09 at 14.39.44.jpeg

dartriverside

Reaction score
I have the same car now for 2 months, low mileage mint one owner opal white GT diesel, always garaged, it's a real beast and every time I get in it it's a real occasion. Good luck with it and happy smiling 😊

littlepippin

Reaction score
I have been asking around Tunbridge Wells area if anybody can wrap my black arches in carbon fibre wrap, as I think it would look dead cool. So far nobody interested as they are too worried about breaking the clips when removing the plastic arches....:(

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't you take them off yourself and take them to be done only takes about half an hour to get them off.... Some RCZers have had them done in situ

littlepippin

Reaction score
Be interested if they can be done in situ. Any more info on that ? I can easily buy the wrap and I got a heat gun....

ropie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, and the replies to replies :D I think wrapping the arches in situ is the way to go, but now I think about it I might miss the aluminum finish. TBC...

In the mean time - everyone's seen a white RCZ a thousand times before but I took her on holiday last week and got some nice shots...

P1020452_2.jpg

P1020345_2.jpg

Some ar*eholes in a Golf GTI came up close behind on a slip road and tried to overtake at speed - normally I wouldn't react but it was fairly quiet so I let them have it and they just disappeared in my rear view mirror :)

Funkmachine

Reaction score
Nice!!! - I do like the facelift model. Something about me really loves the white, but mine's a black/brown!

The thing about photos is the cars always look immaculate, which helps you forget about the little dings, scuffs here and there !!

Asher10g

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, and the replies to replies :D I think wrapping the arches in situ is the way to go, but now I think about it I might miss the aluminum finish. TBC...

In the mean time - everyone's seen a white RCZ a thousand times before but I took her on holiday last week and got some nice shots...

View attachment 15068

View attachment 15069

Some ar*eholes in a Golf GTI came up close behind on a slip road and tried to overtake at speed - normally I wouldn't react but it was fairly quiet so I let them have it and they just disappeared in my rear view mirror :)
you have the perfect for the facelift version for sure, really brings out the looks on the front end, LOVE IT